Something new has dropped onto the flash drive scene this morning. Although we are all pretty familiar with USB flash drives (I have about an even dozen) Kanguru Solutions has gone one step better.
Launching the Kanguru e-Flash we now have the combination USB/ e-SATA thumb drive. Sporting 32GB of space and dual ended connectivity Kanguru makes the claim "No application or data file is too large for the Kanguru e-Flash to handle!" Of course with an $85 (US) price tag it better not be shy on performance.
See the product page here.
One end supports high speed, powered eSATA (3Gb/s connectivity, 5 times faster than a standard USB 2.0 drive) and the other end supports USB 2.0. The ultra-fast transfer speed, high capacity and small size makes it a great replacement for a bulky external Hard Drive.
Dual ended eSATA AND USB connections
• Requires no external power
• High strength aluminum housing
• Large capacities
• Includes Powered eSATA bracket + Cable for PC connectivity
• Includes Hotswap! software for trouble-free eSATA Plug-n-Play
• Engraving available
• e-Flash Drive
• Power + eSATA PC Bracket
• Power + eSATA Extension Cable
• Hotswap! Software (Pre-loaded)
• Drivers CD