A brief report from the lads over at Tech Connect lets us know Microsoft's second service pack for Vista is shaping up pretty well and is expected to enter a closed beta test as early as this week by a bunch of Technology Adoption Program customers.
From what can be attained thus far about SP2, it will comprise all post-SP1 patches/fixes as well as the following features :-
- Windows Search 4.0 for faster and improved relevancy in searches
- Bluetooth 2.1 Feature Pack supporting the most recent specification for Bluetooth technology
- Ability to record data on to Blu-Ray media natively in Windows Vista
- Windows Connect Now (WCN) to simplify Wi-Fi configuration
- UTC timestamps support for the exFAT file system to allow correct file synchronization across time zones
A definitive release date / deadline for SP2 has not yet been disclosed by Microsoft.