Sony Interactive Entertainment of Japan has announced five new games as part of its push into mobile gaming, including greats like Arc the Lad, Wild Arms, and Parappa the Rapper.
SIE's new proprietary mobile gaming company is called ForwardWorks (think if Nintendo owned DeNA) and is focused on adapting popular PlayStation franchises into mobile games. Now for the first time we know exactly which games SIE's ForwardWorks studio plans to release, with SIE showing off demos for the following:
ForwardWorks has also teamed up with Square Enix for more mobile games, but no actual games or concrete info on the projects was announced. Check below for the full list of confirmed smartphone games. Also note that these games have been confirmed for Japan, and we're not sure which ones will cross over to the West. The first game, Everybody's Golf, is due out in Spring 2017.
- Parappa the Rapper/Toro Toro
- Everybody's Golf (a mobile take of Hot Shots Golf?)
- No Heroes Allowed! DASH - an action puzzler you can play with one hand
- Arc the Lad - Reboot with the original staff, the mobile version will be the final game in the series
- Wild Arms - Another reboot to coincide with the series' 20th anniversary.
- Disgaea, Yomawari, and a new IP called Ara of Sora and Umi