Before we start anything, I advise you to look at the Internet Security article in unchecking bindings in the Windows Network control panel. The first thing I want every user to understand is that there is no magic in getting 20mbps download speed on a 1mbps download speed pipe.
These days you won't be able to uncap (a step where the limit of amount of data being received and sent is switched to unlimited depending on the network speed, and is considered illegal by some ISP's like @home) your cable modem. DSL is a little different story where you are capped, depending on your line condition and how you may be able to handle a certain speed. When a DSL line's cap is raised, it could become unstable since too much data is being transferred at a long distance. Stay far away from any "hacks" or "patches" or certain "programs" that are suppose to make your connection much faster. They set your settings WAY too high and can cause only problems rather than fix anything.
Next step, we will take a look at what your computer already can do. IF you are close to 80% of your rated (advertised) speeds, then you are all fine!!! Go enjoy your connection! Now if you aren't, then do a speed test at dslreports.com
Below is what I received with my tweaked connection (ADSL 6mbps/128kbps).
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, a very slick mobo for Ryzen
- AMD Ryzen 5 1600X costs $260, offers Intel perf. at $617
- Early Nintendo Switch consoles were actually stolen
- Why Nier: Automata isn't coming to Xbox One
- Grand Theft Auto movie or TV show could happen
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- I5 6600k OC settings.. aorus z270
- ASUS K55VM (LAPTOP A55VM) can't control fan speed for myself
- First ever CPU overclock - is this ok?
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Republic of Gamers announces Strix Impact