Everything Else and Final Thoughts
You may also want to read Black Viper's guides for services, if you're running Windows 2000 or Windows XP. His site has been down for some time, but you can still find a backup here.
It is recommended that only experienced users even bother with service tweaks, and even then only if you really want to push the performance of your computer. Messing with services can seriously hurt functionality, and even Black Viper's guide might not be able to stop you from screwing up.
If all has gone well, you should know have a fully functional PC running Windows.
If you've followed all of my advice, your system should be relatively secure and perform well. If you encountered any problems along the way, feel free to post your problem in our forums where you'll find friendly advice which won't cost you a dime.
If you think part of my guide was ambiguous or hard to understand in anyway, feel free to email me.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Formatting, Partitioning and Windows Installation]
- Page 3 [Recommended Setup]
- Page 4 [Drivers]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fisker to unveil their new electric car in August
- New Friday the 13th game slashes PC, consoles this May
- Nintendo Switch owners can share game updates locally
- AMD teases 8K graphics workload on Radeon RX Vega
- AMD launches dual-GPU Radeon Pro Duo with 32GB of GDDR5
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family