Test System Setup
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3.46GHz (1066 FSB) (Supplied by Spectrum Communications)
Memory: 2x 512MB OCZ DDR2-5400 Performance Series (Supplied by OCZ Technology)
Motherboard: ASUS P5AD2-E Premium (Supplied by ASUS)
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon X700 256MB
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP SP1
Drivers ATI Catalyst 5.2 and DirectX 9.0c
All tests were ran with ASUS Hyper Path turned on which is supposed to increase memory performance but in the majority of our tests, it didn't make any difference. All tests with the memory voltage set to 2.2v which is the maximum the OCZ memory will accept and the highest available on the ASUS motherboard.
We tested each of the memory settings with Mem Test using the standard 100% coverage test on all unused memory at default to check memory for errors and we had 0 errors. Mem Tests locks up when sticks are overclocked but Mem Test is questionable in this area since the overclocked settings passed all other tests except Mem Test.
For our results, we actually ran the FSB, memory and CPU at a range of different speeds and combinations which affect the outcome of the results. We did this to show you which setup manages to gain the best overall performance. In order for you to understand, the following settings were used for each result:
- Max Memory Clock / Loose Timings: CPU Speed was 3780MHz with a DDR2 ratio of 3:4 running at 840MHz. FSB rating was 315Mhz with a 12x multiplier - timings were 5-5-5-8
- Max 1:1 / Default Timings: CPU speed was 3780MHz. DDR2 ratio was 1:1 at 630MBz. FSB running at 315MHz with a 12x multiplier - timings were 4-4-4-8
- 266 1:1 / Best Possible Timings: CPU speed was 3458MHz with a DDR ratio of 1:1 at 533MHz. FSB was 266MHz with a CPU Ratio of 13x - timings were 3-3-3-4
- 266 1:1 / Default Timings: CPU speed was 3458MHz with a DDR Ratio of 1:1 at 533MHz. FSB was 266MHz with a multiplier of 13x - timings were 4-4-4-8
- Best on Paper Combo: CPU speed was 3720MHz with a DDR Ratio of 3:4 at 826. FSB was 310MHz with a multiplier of 12x - timings were 4-4-4-1
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- WB Games opens New York studio for live service support
- Dynasty Warriors 9 goes open world with new combo system
- BlackBerry might unveil another smartphone soon
- Free SEGA Forever games can't save offline
- Moto G5S Plus photo leaks shows dual rear camera setup
- Best bang for your buck: AC1900 Wireless Routers
- ADATA XPG SX8000 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- repairing rj45 port on g751j laptop
- Lenovo ThinkStation P910 Workstation PC Review
- Ethereum mining @ 1GH/s: 40 x GPUs = $5000 per month
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller
- Full E3 Coliseum lineup announced