Memory is one of the hottest growing components on the overclockers list of most important requirements. A good CPU is one thing and cooling is another but if your memory can't handle the pace, then you're simply throwing money away.
DDR-2 has now started its mass run on the Intel market, with rumours that AMD will start looking at DDR-2 on the Athlon 64 sometime in the near future - but one thing remains...how good is it? We have seen in the past that DDR memory running at lower latencies can do a better job then memory running at higher clock speeds with higher latencies. Though this is the general rule for the AMD Athlon XP and Athlon 64 CPU, due to a much more ridged memory controller (especially on the Athlon 64 with the on CPU memory controller), this isn't as much the case when it comes to the Intel camp. Intel Pentium 4 with its longer pipeline tends to respond better to higher bandwidth than lower latencies, at least this proved true 90% of the time with DDR.
As we mentioned earlier, DDR-2 is a different story, as some of the key developments have changed, and thus changed the overall bandwidth and latencies of the memory and how does this affect the memory performance of the Pentium 4 based DDR-2 systems? Today we hope to answer this
Today we are putting OCZ's DDR-2 memory onto one of the best overclocking boards available today, the Intel 925XE ASUS P5AD2-E Premium to see just how far DDR-2 can go and what the overall performance pluses and minuses are of the different configurations such as clock speed vs. latency, running memory 1:1 and not and so on.
If you're interested about how to setup your new DDR-2 based system properly when it comes to memory, read on and we'll show you as proved by a bunch of benchmark comparisons.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Batman: Arkham Knight is finally playable on PC thanks to new patch
- Early Access games dominate Steam game sales in 2015
- Report: Mega Man movie gets greenlit by Fox
- We Heard You Like Discounts
- Acer's new 10-core smartphone will 'dominate' Android gaming
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015