G'day all, this is the first in a series of lengthy bi-monthly guides here a TweakTown which I will write with the following goals for you and your computer:
- Increase your computers responsiveness
- Increase productivity/speed
- Increase your computers stability
- Increase your computers security
- Make you understand what you are doing and why
All of the above it possible through tweaking a computer, in this case focused at average/above average user's skill level to increase their knowledge of how software and hardware work. Tweaking is the act of modifying certain settings sometimes not found within the Graphical User Interface (GUI) of software. But the scope of the upcoming guides focus on much more than tweaking, we will look at:
- Installing appropriate freeware (free software)
- Intelligent computer practices
- And more unplanned things
For now though let's get to the beginning of the first guide which is about what to do once you've installed Windows XP on a computer to prepare it for the big bad outside world of the Internet. It's all about protecting you and your computer and the software and methods you can use.
Let's get started!
How much to upgrade to x64 Edition?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG announces 'Ray' smartphone for 3G markets
- Power two systems with one power supply thanks to Phanteks' splitter
- QPAD uses DreamHack to launch its first new mouse shape in seven years
- Noctua says its 24V industrial fans are the best an enthusiast can get
- Samsung announces huge 128GB DDR4 DIMMs for enterprise, data centers
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS