G'day all, this is the first in a series of lengthy bi-monthly guides here a TweakTown which I will write with the following goals for you and your computer:
- Increase your computers responsiveness
- Increase productivity/speed
- Increase your computers stability
- Increase your computers security
- Make you understand what you are doing and why
All of the above it possible through tweaking a computer, in this case focused at average/above average user's skill level to increase their knowledge of how software and hardware work. Tweaking is the act of modifying certain settings sometimes not found within the Graphical User Interface (GUI) of software. But the scope of the upcoming guides focus on much more than tweaking, we will look at:
- Installing appropriate freeware (free software)
- Intelligent computer practices
- And more unplanned things
For now though let's get to the beginning of the first guide which is about what to do once you've installed Windows XP on a computer to prepare it for the big bad outside world of the Internet. It's all about protecting you and your computer and the software and methods you can use.
Let's get started!
How much to upgrade to x64 Edition?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- HTC's new One X10 teased, a new budget 5.5-inch phone
- Nintendo Switch may use 4GB LPDDR4 1600MHz RAM
- 'Never Go Back' with our 'Jack Reacher' Blu-ray giveaway
- Horizon Zero Dawn: solid 30FPS on the PS4 Pro
- AMD Ryzen explained: motherboards, CPUs, and more
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league