Developer Homepage: PC Tools
Download: Regnow (30 day trial)
Buy: Regnow ($39.95)
Our Rating: 8 out of 10
Our Summary: Spyware Doctor is a good and well-rounded Spyware remover but doesn't really include anything special that would warrant spending the extra money on the program.
The last Spyware remover we are taking a look at in this guide is Spyware Doctor by PC Tools. Spyware Doctor is yet another well featured Spyware remover program but is also a little on the expensive side costing $10 more than all the others. So is the extra $10 justified?
The first screen you will see when loading Spyware Doctor is the one you can see above. This screen provides easy access to all parts of the program including the quarantine list, ignore list, and a status summary. We tried activating the OnGuard Protection feature (real-time monitoring for Spyware) but this feature is only included in the registered version. To begin scanning your computer, just click the Start Scan button near the top left.
When you get to the Start Scan section, as you can see above you can choose your scan type ranging from Quick Scan to Custom Scan. As your system is being scanned, you can see the number of infections found. Spyware Doctor claims their database detects up to almost 17,000 Spyware programs which puts it up near the top of the pack.
After the scan is complete you are taken to the screen above which lists all of the Spyware that was found on your computer. If you double click on the Spyware, another window will popup (just like the one above) which gives you important information on the Spyware. Unfortunately you cannot remove Spyware before you hand over some cash for the program and coming in at almost $40 it is $10 more expensive than any of the other non-freeware Spyware removers inside this guide.
Overall - Spyware Doctor by PC Tools is a fairly decent Spyware remover. The GUI is one of the better ones featured in this guide and is easy to use and understand. You are able to choose a range of different scans, the registered versions allows you to run OnGuard which is real-time protection, restore Spyware you removed from the quarantine list, maintain an ignore list, and your updates for the program will also be automatically downloaded, which is a good thing. However, apart from that, and behind the pretty GUI, we really just have a simple Spyware remover with nothing that really stands out.
We are giving Spyware Doctor 8 out of 10 - It is a good and well-rounded Spyware remover but doesn't really include anything extra that would warrant spending the extra money on the program.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Spyware and Adware Removal Guide - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Spyware and Adware Removal Guide - Page 2 [Spyware Definitions]
- Spyware and Adware Removal Guide - Page 3 [Ad-Aware SE Personal]
- Spyware and Adware Removal Guide - Page 4 [GIANT AntiSpyware]
- Spyware and Adware Removal Guide - Page 5 [RegFreeze]
- Spyware and Adware Removal Guide - Page 6 [Spybot - Search & Destroy]
- Spyware and Adware Removal Guide - Page 7 [SpyCatcher]
- Spyware and Adware Removal Guide - Page 8 [SpyKiller 2005]
- Spyware and Adware Removal Guide - Page 9 [Spyware Doctor]
- Spyware and Adware Removal Guide - Page 10 [Monitoring processes with WinTasks 5]
- Spyware and Adware Removal Guide - Page 11 [Third Party Resources and Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel teases next-gen Optane tech, requires Kaby Lake
- HyperX ships more than 2 million headsets in three years
- The latest, and nearly final shots of the Galaxy S8
- Android 8.0 Oreo teased, should be unveiled soon
- Samsung to unveil four new VR/AR projects at MWC 2017
- (GA X99 Designare) Anyone using a Beta BIOS?
- Are there any infos about the dk-05?
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood
- New Final Fantasy XV content including 'booster pack+' release and NieR: Automata collaboration now available
- BC1 wins IF design award
- Battle trailer introduces NieR: Automata main weapon types