Third Party Resources
We aren't quite finished just yet. The following is a list of third party resources which we used for the preparation of this guide as well as resources which will help you with your battle against Spyware. Listed in no particular order:
- Anti-Spy Tools by SpyChecker.com: We used this list of Spyware remover programs to help determine which programs we would include in this guide.
- Searchable Spyware Database at Spyware-Guide.com: Spyware-Guide was created to provide an all inclusive and updated resource on spy ware applications, what they do and how they're used. These resources include: which software applications can detect and defeat Spyware, an extensive database (611) of all known spy software and adware applications and contact information as well as other privacy related products.
- Adware & Spyware Removal Programs at Download.com: We also used this extensive list of Spyware remover programs to help determine which programs we would include in this guide. Very useful!
- Spyware Center @ Download.com: Also at Download.com is the Spyware Center which provides up-to-date information on everything Spyware as well as a FAQ and tips section to use certain programs which help protect your privacy.
- Spyware Tools at MajorGeeks.com: Another handy list of Spyware programs.
- IANAG File Help: Martin over at IANAG is maintaining a growing list of file names (not just Spyware) which lets you know the role of each - Worth a look.
- Free Process Information @ ProcessLibrary.com: ProcessLibrary.com is owned and maintained by the same people who made WinTasks 5. Here you can search for processes to find out if they are worth getting rid of which is perfect for the Spyware removers we looked at in this guide which did not provide descriptions.
- Spyware Information Center at Webroot Software: Webroot Software have a really useful Spyware Information Center which provides just about all the information you would ever want to know about Spyware - good reading!
- Spyware Information Center at Tenebril: Tenebril also provide a section dedicated to information on Spyware with theirs including the most active threats as well as new ones to surface.
- Microsoft Security Home Page: Everything you need to keep your copy of Windows up-to-date in the security area.
- General Spyware Information at SpywareInfo: SpywareInfo is a dedicated website providing tools and knowledge you need to protect your privacy from the onslaught of Spyware, adware, and corporate and government surveillance.
- Spyware Removal Help @ PC Hell: The folks at PC Hell maintain a section on removing Spyware and removing specific programs such as "How to Remove HotBar".
- Computer Cops: Computer Cops or CastleCops provides a stack of information on computer security and is well worth a look.
Yep, you showed them! Spyware should now be a thing of the past for you and your computer system. You have a bunch of programs to choose from to arm yourself for the war against Spyware and all that sort of junk which invades your system. And you'll also be helping yourself if you choose the free Mozilla Firefox web browser with its built-in popup blocker which is said by many to provide far better security than Internet Explorer.
The top three programs in our opinion which we looked at were Ad-Aware SE Personal, GIANT AntiSpyware and Spybot - Search & Destroy, listed in no particular order. Which ever one you choose is probably a personal decision since you may desire certain things more so than us and you may have no problem forking out cash for programs but we kept that in mind throughout the guide. The rest of the Spyware removers are good but just don't have what it takes to compete against the top bunch. Just remember when any of the programs are scanning your system, just about all of your CPU, hard drive and memory will be chewed up - this is normal though, just like what happens with a regular virus scan. Go make a coffee or take a walk while it's happening.
The third party resources listed above are all a must-read as they are all valuable resources in the fight against Spyware and protecting your privacy. If any of the links are broken or you have any suggestions for more to be added, please contact me at the e-mail address above.
In closing, if you have any questions, comments, rants or whatever about this guide, please post them in the Software section of our forums which you will find here. Generally we will not answer questions which are emailed to us.
Die Spyware Die!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Spyware and Adware Removal Guide - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Spyware and Adware Removal Guide - Page 2 [Spyware Definitions]
- Spyware and Adware Removal Guide - Page 3 [Ad-Aware SE Personal]
- Spyware and Adware Removal Guide - Page 4 [GIANT AntiSpyware]
- Spyware and Adware Removal Guide - Page 5 [RegFreeze]
- Spyware and Adware Removal Guide - Page 6 [Spybot - Search & Destroy]
- Spyware and Adware Removal Guide - Page 7 [SpyCatcher]
- Spyware and Adware Removal Guide - Page 8 [SpyKiller 2005]
- Spyware and Adware Removal Guide - Page 9 [Spyware Doctor]
- Spyware and Adware Removal Guide - Page 10 [Monitoring processes with WinTasks 5]
- Spyware and Adware Removal Guide - Page 11 [Third Party Resources and Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Titanfall 2's story trailer is an amazing piece of work
- Forza Horizon 3 shows that Microsoft hates PC gaming
- Microsoft is reportedly working on an all-in-one Surface
- Apple copies Samsung again, with exploding iPhone 7 Plus
- Microsoft admits PCs have 'eclipsed' consoles
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now