Test Setup and Overclocking
The card is basically full length, and doesn't look like a mainstream gaming GPU; instead, it looks like the high-end performance tuned cards, which is the appearance many people prefer. I had no spacing issues.
MSI is the company behind Afterburner, the preferred GPU OC software for many around the world, including myself. It is constantly updated, and has features needed for overclocking. It also has many skins, including this nice MSI Gaming skin.
I was able to increase my 3DMark11 score by over 700 points, which is a nice overall increase in performance. Overclocking the core on this card is very simple; the memory seemed resistant to going higher than 1435MHz, and artifacts appeared with anything above. If I went higher than 1385Mhz on the core, then the driver crashed every time. However, these are still big increases over the stock clocks of 1137MHz core and 1250Mhz memory. The memory is clocked 100MHz lower on the GTX 750 than on the GTX 750 TI, but with overclocking, we can easily increase its speed.
I have the card at stock and with a mild OC in the images above. I would first recommend finding a nice core clock, and then working on memory with this card.
Here you can see the 3DMark11 scores at different GPU speeds.
This chart displays the other variables involved in the overclocks, including the maximum GPU core voltage (VDDC), idle and load total system power draw, and GPU core temperature. I did not overclock the rest of the platform for these tests, as the platform wasn't bottlenecking the system. I measured maximum power draw during GPU test two.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung to launch Note8 Emperor Edition with 8GB/256GB?
- GTA 6 motion capture possibly underway
- Musk shows The Boring Company's 1st working car elevator
- Toshiba brings 64-layer 3D flash to retail SATA SSDs
- Apple will make its own OLED screens for 2018 iPhones
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3G: Mid-Range On The Cheap
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers