Test Setup and Overclocking
The card is basically full length, and doesn't look like a mainstream gaming GPU; instead, it looks like the high-end performance tuned cards, which is the appearance many people prefer. I had no spacing issues.
MSI is the company behind Afterburner, the preferred GPU OC software for many around the world, including myself. It is constantly updated, and has features needed for overclocking. It also has many skins, including this nice MSI Gaming skin.
I was able to increase my 3DMark11 score by over 700 points, which is a nice overall increase in performance. Overclocking the core on this card is very simple; the memory seemed resistant to going higher than 1435MHz, and artifacts appeared with anything above. If I went higher than 1385Mhz on the core, then the driver crashed every time. However, these are still big increases over the stock clocks of 1137MHz core and 1250Mhz memory. The memory is clocked 100MHz lower on the GTX 750 than on the GTX 750 TI, but with overclocking, we can easily increase its speed.
I have the card at stock and with a mild OC in the images above. I would first recommend finding a nice core clock, and then working on memory with this card.
Here you can see the 3DMark11 scores at different GPU speeds.
This chart displays the other variables involved in the overclocks, including the maximum GPU core voltage (VDDC), idle and load total system power draw, and GPU core temperature. I did not overclock the rest of the platform for these tests, as the platform wasn't bottlenecking the system. I measured maximum power draw during GPU test two.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now