You want something for 'free', but what do you have to do to get it?
Everybody likes free stuff, or so I'm told. Contrary to popular belief, sponsorships aren't just about rocking up wearing a sponsor logo tattooed on your forehead and expecting a wealth of funding, travel and perks to come flowing at you. This following article is the first part in our series, aiming to give you some insider tips and tricks to aide your process.
I took a few hours of my time to sit down with a man who I used to sponsor, Stuart Tonks from GGF LAN events and had a quick discussion about his process for acquiring a sponsor and keeping them happy. In my personal opinion, GGF LAN provides one of the best sponsorship packages seen globally - not necessarily because of raw views or their constant update of content, but largely due to their constant support, feedback and willingness to go the extra mile for their supporters.
Throughout this article we'll cover a few facets of sponsorship that Tonks and his crew offers their perspective and current sponsors, alongside looking a little deeper into aspects that are important.
This is by no means a be all and end all or complete guide to obtaining or keeping a sponsorship, but if you're looking to nab some gear or funding for yourself - I would highly suggest considering some of these points on offer. If you have any questions about this article or wish to follow up on anything, please don't hesitate to contact me through my Facebook page.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [An introduction and what to expect from this article]
- Page 2 [Acquisition of sponsors and offering a variety of support]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Wasteland 3 announced, features co-op play
- Pay any price for this 12-course Microsoft Office bundle
- Backward compatible games now up on Xbox One store
- Battlefield 1 has shifting anthology style campaign
- Valve asked to pull No Man's Sky bullshots off Steam
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now