Over 5000 words later, we have approached the end of our definitive guide to benchmarking with Doom 3. With all the information provided in this benchmarking guide, you should be well and truly empowered enough to create your own timedemos in Doom 3 and then execute them and measure your system performance in detail.
We are happy ID Software once again decided to include a built-in timedemo feature for gamers and review websites. We think Doom 3 will quickly become one of the key benchmark standards in graphics card reviews on the web as we proved in our testing where increases in CPU clock speeds of 100MHz - 200MHz make little difference in performance. For this very reason, we'll be sure to begin including Doom 3 benchmarks in all of our future graphics card reviews very soon.
It's very important you read this entire guide as it includes crucial bits of information throughout such as the massive texture pausing, various image quality settings and the internal 60 FPS lock. I've spent the last few days investigating and researching benchmarking with Doom 3 and now it's time to hold the benchmarking and actually get some Doom 3 game play in - don't you forget to do the same either!
Finally if you wish to discuss this guide or any topics related to benchmarking with Doom 3 or just general issues relating to the game, please direct your comments to our gaming forums where we can answer your questions. Most questions sent via e-mail will not be answered.
Happy benchmarking and gaming!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rocket League gets a new map and a DLC car
- Battlefield 1 dev said shovel digging might come back
- South Korea is getting an online version of Titanfall
- Artificial intelligence creates a (bad) Christmas song
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset