Over 5000 words later, we have approached the end of our definitive guide to benchmarking with Doom 3. With all the information provided in this benchmarking guide, you should be well and truly empowered enough to create your own timedemos in Doom 3 and then execute them and measure your system performance in detail.
We are happy ID Software once again decided to include a built-in timedemo feature for gamers and review websites. We think Doom 3 will quickly become one of the key benchmark standards in graphics card reviews on the web as we proved in our testing where increases in CPU clock speeds of 100MHz - 200MHz make little difference in performance. For this very reason, we'll be sure to begin including Doom 3 benchmarks in all of our future graphics card reviews very soon.
It's very important you read this entire guide as it includes crucial bits of information throughout such as the massive texture pausing, various image quality settings and the internal 60 FPS lock. I've spent the last few days investigating and researching benchmarking with Doom 3 and now it's time to hold the benchmarking and actually get some Doom 3 game play in - don't you forget to do the same either!
Finally if you wish to discuss this guide or any topics related to benchmarking with Doom 3 or just general issues relating to the game, please direct your comments to our gaming forums where we can answer your questions. Most questions sent via e-mail will not be answered.
Happy benchmarking and gaming!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- KitGuru editor in chief apologizes for 'inflammatory' AMD article
- Intel Battery Optimizer Android app now cleans, too
- Assassin's Creed, Rainbow Six next in GeForce GTX bundles
- Microsoft's new 12.3-inch Surface Pro 4 starts at $899
- Netflix now supports voice commands on Windows 10
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Topic: X99E-ITX/ac with 32GB ram
- The Crew WILD RUN PC CLOSED BETA WILL BE PLAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 15TH TO OCTOBER 19TH 2015
- MLG Announces Broadcast Talent for World Finals in New Orleans
- Patriot Announces New Viper 4 3600MHz Dual-Channel Memory Kit
- Supermicro Launches New 1U TwinPro Fully Redundant, Dual DP Node, SuperServer
- AMD Partners with Oculus and Dell to Power Oculus Ready PCs