Nothing much else you can do on a rainy day! I have created a Basic BIOS Tweaking article which will run through certain settings and describe what they do, in 'people language'
When your computer starts up either hold the DEL key or when you see a message saying change setting or something similar to that press DEL. No we are in the bios, you should see a blue screen with a few menu options. These setting were designed for a ABIT Bios but I'm sure you'll find the below options in newer motherboards! The options are in order as they appear in my bios, but you may have to search around for them, they also may have a slightly different name to below, good luck!
Turbo Frequency - Enabled (only on 66mhz and 100mhz bus)
Multiplier Factor - CPU default
SEL 100/66# Signal - Set LOW
AGPCLK/CPUCLK - Safest setting is 1/1
L2 cache Latency - As low as possible
Speed Error Hold - Enable in case of errors
CPU Power Supply - User Define, anywhere from 2.0v to 2.3 depending on power supply
Virus Warning - Enable
CPU Level 1 Cache - Enable
CPU Level 2 Cache - Enable
CPU L2 Cache ECC Checking - Disable
Quick Power On Self Test - Enable
Boot Sequence - C,A,SCSI is fastest, doesn't really matter whatever suits you best
Swap Floppy Drive - Disable
Boot Up Floppy Seek - Disable
IDE HDD Block Mode - Enable
PCI/VGA Palette Snoop - Disable, unless video card manual says
Delay for HDD - 0
Video BIOS Shadow - Disable
Shadow address ranges Disable as default
SDRAM CAS Latency Time - 2, if unstable use 3
SDRAM Precharge Control - Enable
DRAM Date Integrity Mode - Non-ECC, if you are using ECC memory enable ECC
System BIOS Cacheable - Disable
Video BIOS Cacheable - Disable
Video RAM Cacheable - Disable
8 Bit I/O Recovery Time - 1
16 Bit I/O Recovery Time - 1
Memory Hole At 15M-16M - Disable
Passive Release - Enable
Delayed Transaction - Enable
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG partners with REEDS Jewelers for the LG Watch Urbane Luxe
- Report: Prior to breach, no one wanted to purchase Ashley Madison
- Konami developers didn't take holidays to get MGS V on PC earlier
- Survive 'The Walking Dead' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Mortal Kombat X cancelled for the Xbox 360 and PS3
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- x99 Extreme 4/3.1 Red Light + No Display
- Build Advice End of 2015 ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1
- X99 Extreme 6ac eSATA
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20