Nothing much else you can do on a rainy day! I have created a Basic BIOS Tweaking article which will run through certain settings and describe what they do, in 'people language'
When your computer starts up either hold the DEL key or when you see a message saying change setting or something similar to that press DEL. No we are in the bios, you should see a blue screen with a few menu options. These setting were designed for a ABIT Bios but I'm sure you'll find the below options in newer motherboards! The options are in order as they appear in my bios, but you may have to search around for them, they also may have a slightly different name to below, good luck!
Turbo Frequency - Enabled (only on 66mhz and 100mhz bus)
Multiplier Factor - CPU default
SEL 100/66# Signal - Set LOW
AGPCLK/CPUCLK - Safest setting is 1/1
L2 cache Latency - As low as possible
Speed Error Hold - Enable in case of errors
CPU Power Supply - User Define, anywhere from 2.0v to 2.3 depending on power supply
Virus Warning - Enable
CPU Level 1 Cache - Enable
CPU Level 2 Cache - Enable
CPU L2 Cache ECC Checking - Disable
Quick Power On Self Test - Enable
Boot Sequence - C,A,SCSI is fastest, doesn't really matter whatever suits you best
Swap Floppy Drive - Disable
Boot Up Floppy Seek - Disable
IDE HDD Block Mode - Enable
PCI/VGA Palette Snoop - Disable, unless video card manual says
Delay for HDD - 0
Video BIOS Shadow - Disable
Shadow address ranges Disable as default
SDRAM CAS Latency Time - 2, if unstable use 3
SDRAM Precharge Control - Enable
DRAM Date Integrity Mode - Non-ECC, if you are using ECC memory enable ECC
System BIOS Cacheable - Disable
Video BIOS Cacheable - Disable
Video RAM Cacheable - Disable
8 Bit I/O Recovery Time - 1
16 Bit I/O Recovery Time - 1
Memory Hole At 15M-16M - Disable
Passive Release - Enable
Delayed Transaction - Enable
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- India bans autonomous cars to protect against job losses
- Colorful iGame GTX 1080 Ti Kudan rocks MASSIVE cooler
- EVGA announces $999 price on GeForce GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N
- Kingdom Hearts III on the PS4 has CG-level graphics
- AORUS X399 GAMING 7 is ready for AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- ADATA Debuts XPG SPECTRIX D40 RGB DDR4 RAM
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology