Nothing much else you can do on a rainy day! I have created a Basic BIOS Tweaking article which will run through certain settings and describe what they do, in 'people language'
When your computer starts up either hold the DEL key or when you see a message saying change setting or something similar to that press DEL. No we are in the bios, you should see a blue screen with a few menu options. These setting were designed for a ABIT Bios but I'm sure you'll find the below options in newer motherboards! The options are in order as they appear in my bios, but you may have to search around for them, they also may have a slightly different name to below, good luck!
Turbo Frequency - Enabled (only on 66mhz and 100mhz bus)
Multiplier Factor - CPU default
SEL 100/66# Signal - Set LOW
AGPCLK/CPUCLK - Safest setting is 1/1
L2 cache Latency - As low as possible
Speed Error Hold - Enable in case of errors
CPU Power Supply - User Define, anywhere from 2.0v to 2.3 depending on power supply
Virus Warning - Enable
CPU Level 1 Cache - Enable
CPU Level 2 Cache - Enable
CPU L2 Cache ECC Checking - Disable
Quick Power On Self Test - Enable
Boot Sequence - C,A,SCSI is fastest, doesn't really matter whatever suits you best
Swap Floppy Drive - Disable
Boot Up Floppy Seek - Disable
IDE HDD Block Mode - Enable
PCI/VGA Palette Snoop - Disable, unless video card manual says
Delay for HDD - 0
Video BIOS Shadow - Disable
Shadow address ranges Disable as default
SDRAM CAS Latency Time - 2, if unstable use 3
SDRAM Precharge Control - Enable
DRAM Date Integrity Mode - Non-ECC, if you are using ECC memory enable ECC
System BIOS Cacheable - Disable
Video BIOS Cacheable - Disable
Video RAM Cacheable - Disable
8 Bit I/O Recovery Time - 1
16 Bit I/O Recovery Time - 1
Memory Hole At 15M-16M - Disable
Passive Release - Enable
Delayed Transaction - Enable
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch owners can share game updates locally
- AMD teases 8K graphics workload on Radeon RX Vega
- AMD launches dual-GPU Radeon Pro Duo with 32GB of GDDR5
- Dawn of War III PC Steam deals are up to 25% off
- Colorful announces iGame GTX 1080 Ti Vulcan X OC
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family