Nothing much else you can do on a rainy day! I have created a Basic BIOS Tweaking article which will run through certain settings and describe what they do, in 'people language'
When your computer starts up either hold the DEL key or when you see a message saying change setting or something similar to that press DEL. No we are in the bios, you should see a blue screen with a few menu options. These setting were designed for a ABIT Bios but I'm sure you'll find the below options in newer motherboards! The options are in order as they appear in my bios, but you may have to search around for them, they also may have a slightly different name to below, good luck!
Turbo Frequency - Enabled (only on 66mhz and 100mhz bus)
Multiplier Factor - CPU default
SEL 100/66# Signal - Set LOW
AGPCLK/CPUCLK - Safest setting is 1/1
L2 cache Latency - As low as possible
Speed Error Hold - Enable in case of errors
CPU Power Supply - User Define, anywhere from 2.0v to 2.3 depending on power supply
Virus Warning - Enable
CPU Level 1 Cache - Enable
CPU Level 2 Cache - Enable
CPU L2 Cache ECC Checking - Disable
Quick Power On Self Test - Enable
Boot Sequence - C,A,SCSI is fastest, doesn't really matter whatever suits you best
Swap Floppy Drive - Disable
Boot Up Floppy Seek - Disable
IDE HDD Block Mode - Enable
PCI/VGA Palette Snoop - Disable, unless video card manual says
Delay for HDD - 0
Video BIOS Shadow - Disable
Shadow address ranges Disable as default
SDRAM CAS Latency Time - 2, if unstable use 3
SDRAM Precharge Control - Enable
DRAM Date Integrity Mode - Non-ECC, if you are using ECC memory enable ECC
System BIOS Cacheable - Disable
Video BIOS Cacheable - Disable
Video RAM Cacheable - Disable
8 Bit I/O Recovery Time - 1
16 Bit I/O Recovery Time - 1
Memory Hole At 15M-16M - Disable
Passive Release - Enable
Delayed Transaction - Enable
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar in huge screw up
- Switch handheld battery lasts over 3 hours playing Zelda
- Hack 'Mr Robot' and win a Season 2 Blu-ray on us!
- Samsung teases the Galaxy S8 and confirms launch date
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 with stylus introduced at MWC
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity
- Razer releases power bank smart charge mobile accessory
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand