Intel 4790K LGA1150 CPU
Today, we're looking at three Intel 4790K processors with an S-spec of SR219, C0 stepping. To ensure our overclocking results are relevant to your overclocking endeavors, we decided to invest in three retail CPUs to get a good idea of the overclocking ability of these new CPUs. We purchased them from two different Microcenter locations, but we still ended up with two from the same batch.
The contents of the package include a 4790K CPU, Intel box heat sink cooler, manual with sticker, and a promotion from McAfee (now an Intel company).
Intel teased that the 4790K would have improved thermal interface material (TIM) compared to the 4770K. Rumors were that the CPU die would be soldered to the integrated heat spreader (IHS), but the lack of a hole in the HIS, which Intel uses for die expansion/contraction as seen on LGA2011 CPUs, is absent. This means that they have either improved the paste itself or improved the contact between the die and the HIS. Either way, temperatures do seem to be cooler overall compared to the 4770Ks we have tested.
Intel has also added extra capacitors to the 4790K, possibly to stabilize the use of higher voltages needed for higher Turbo ratios.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Intel 4790K LGA1150 CPU]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV: How to master attacks and combos
- Huawei Mate 9 goes on sale in the US on January 6th
- Faraday Future keeps teasing their upcoming electric car
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD