Getting Started with Qsync
With the new QTS firmware or operating system from QNAP, they introduced a new set of applications to make is easier to access your files on the go. The basis of this was to ensure maximum compatibility across devices and aide in the user experience from those devices. The basis of the entire cloud operation on QTS lies within Qsync. From the menu system, we have the ability to setup Qsync for our PC and Macintosh devices, then additional access for mobile devices is configured through QFile.
Qsync is an application that installs on both Windows and Macintosh based systems. Here we have initialized setup for our test system on Windows 8.1.
Within the setup menu, we have to find our network appliance. There are two ways to go about this - we can search for the NAS or enter the IP address manually. At the bottom of the installer, you can change where you would like your Qsync directory placed.
We chose, in our setup, to use the search function. Here we the software quickly found the NAS on our network.
Here we are in the last stages of setup, where QNAP has put together an overview in each slide of how to use Qsync.
Now that installation is complete, you can see we now have a Qsync folder placed in our favorites. This allows us to drag and drop files from our PC to the NAS or vice versa and at the same time if you have multiple PCs or Macintosh systems connected, share files across the network with ease.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Destiny: The Taken King's raid won't be live upon release
- Save Up to 96% On August's Top 3 Deals
- Astronauts believe it's only a matter of time before man heads to Mars
- Destiny: Xur's Three of Coins exotic drop buff will be a gamble
- UK debuts its 'UK Against ISIL' social media account
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- x99 Extreme 4/3.1 Red Light + No Display
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20