Getting Started with Qsync
With the new QTS firmware or operating system from QNAP, they introduced a new set of applications to make is easier to access your files on the go. The basis of this was to ensure maximum compatibility across devices and aide in the user experience from those devices. The basis of the entire cloud operation on QTS lies within Qsync. From the menu system, we have the ability to setup Qsync for our PC and Macintosh devices, then additional access for mobile devices is configured through QFile.
Qsync is an application that installs on both Windows and Macintosh based systems. Here we have initialized setup for our test system on Windows 8.1.
Within the setup menu, we have to find our network appliance. There are two ways to go about this - we can search for the NAS or enter the IP address manually. At the bottom of the installer, you can change where you would like your Qsync directory placed.
We chose, in our setup, to use the search function. Here we the software quickly found the NAS on our network.
Here we are in the last stages of setup, where QNAP has put together an overview in each slide of how to use Qsync.
Now that installation is complete, you can see we now have a Qsync folder placed in our favorites. This allows us to drag and drop files from our PC to the NAS or vice versa and at the same time if you have multiple PCs or Macintosh systems connected, share files across the network with ease.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- SpaceX's December launch postponed until early January
- Huawei will unveil their concept phone on December 16th
- Cassini shows first images of Saturn from new orbit
- Doom update adds Infernal Run mode, multiplayer bots
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel