Out of all the general mods out there, cable sleeving tests your patience and perseverance more than anything else. It does take a long time, so either plan to do cables one at a time or give yourself a weekend. The effort will pay off though as even the smallest amount of sleeving is a major addition to any custom computer rig.
Down the track we will revisit sleeving looking over some of the more advanced techniques like extending and cutting wires, soldering, crimping and lots of other tricks I just didn't have the room for this time in this guide.
Till then have fun with sleeving experiment with different color combinations, admire others hard work and develop your own techniques.
Hopefully I have inspired you to give sleeving a shot. Remember that there is no real right or wrong way to do it, so have a go - you may surprise yourself!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Tools]
- Page 3 [The Basics of Sleeve and Heat Shrink]
- Page 4 [Cable Preparation and Plug Removal]
- Page 5 [Sleeve Preparation and Installation]
- Page 6 [Five Minute Fan Guide]
- Page 7 [Heat Shrink and Final Steps]
- Page 8 [Bundled and Larger Cables]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen with 12C/24T appears, excites us all so much
- AMD teases Radeon RX Vega is 'just around the corner'
- New 'Justice League' trailer comes together
- BMW teases the next 100 years of vehicle technology
- First mITX motherboard for AMD Ryzen has been revealed
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse