Out of all the general mods out there, cable sleeving tests your patience and perseverance more than anything else. It does take a long time, so either plan to do cables one at a time or give yourself a weekend. The effort will pay off though as even the smallest amount of sleeving is a major addition to any custom computer rig.
Down the track we will revisit sleeving looking over some of the more advanced techniques like extending and cutting wires, soldering, crimping and lots of other tricks I just didn't have the room for this time in this guide.
Till then have fun with sleeving experiment with different color combinations, admire others hard work and develop your own techniques.
Hopefully I have inspired you to give sleeving a shot. Remember that there is no real right or wrong way to do it, so have a go - you may surprise yourself!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Tools]
- Page 3 [The Basics of Sleeve and Heat Shrink]
- Page 4 [Cable Preparation and Plug Removal]
- Page 5 [Sleeve Preparation and Installation]
- Page 6 [Five Minute Fan Guide]
- Page 7 [Heat Shrink and Final Steps]
- Page 8 [Bundled and Larger Cables]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Head of Islamic State Cyber Caliphate killed by drone strike
- Scosche launches the boomBOTTLE+ waterproof Bluetooth speaker
- XCOM 2 delayed to 2016 on all platforms
- ARCHOS unveils its Diamond Tab 4G/LTE tablet
- Impressive! 1 billion people used Facebook in just one day
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20