Out of all the general mods out there, cable sleeving tests your patience and perseverance more than anything else. It does take a long time, so either plan to do cables one at a time or give yourself a weekend. The effort will pay off though as even the smallest amount of sleeving is a major addition to any custom computer rig.
Down the track we will revisit sleeving looking over some of the more advanced techniques like extending and cutting wires, soldering, crimping and lots of other tricks I just didn't have the room for this time in this guide.
Till then have fun with sleeving experiment with different color combinations, admire others hard work and develop your own techniques.
Hopefully I have inspired you to give sleeving a shot. Remember that there is no real right or wrong way to do it, so have a go - you may surprise yourself!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Tools]
- Page 3 [The Basics of Sleeve and Heat Shrink]
- Page 4 [Cable Preparation and Plug Removal]
- Page 5 [Sleeve Preparation and Installation]
- Page 6 [Five Minute Fan Guide]
- Page 7 [Heat Shrink and Final Steps]
- Page 8 [Bundled and Larger Cables]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PC gaming hardware market hits $30 billion
- Nintendo Switch battery life analysis
- Resident Evil 7 isn't coming to Nintendo Switch
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild's Hyrule is bigger than Skyrim
- 'Rogue One' captures plans for $1B worldwide box office
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni