Nearly every major case mod these days features sleeved cables. They neaten up the interior appearance of a build as well as being a major factor in establishing the colour scheme the builder is aiming for. But have you ever wondered how people go about sleeving or how hard it is? The basics of sleeving are not an overly difficult skill to learn, but it can quickly become time consuming depending on the size and complexity of the job.
Sleeving is a never ending process as it's not really a permanent installation so changing colors and types whenever you wish is completely possible, even being able to re-theme a whole set of cables for a new project or color scheme.
In this guide I will be going over the basic methods of applying sleeve to the most typical cable types as well as some of the most common materials used.
Before I go any further I would like to thank SilverStone for supplying its Strider Essential Series 400w power supply that will be used in this guide. It's a great little unit and will go towards powering the Tweak Town F@H Prodigy Project once it's completed.
So back to the job at hand - let's untangle the tricks of cable sleeving.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Tools]
- Page 3 [The Basics of Sleeve and Heat Shrink]
- Page 4 [Cable Preparation and Plug Removal]
- Page 5 [Sleeve Preparation and Installation]
- Page 6 [Five Minute Fan Guide]
- Page 7 [Heat Shrink and Final Steps]
- Page 8 [Bundled and Larger Cables]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect Andromeda deal takes a dive to 27% off
- AMD's high-end X390/X399 mobo: dual Ryzen CPUs possible
- Dell unleashes its new 8K monitor, costs $5000
- New Call of Duty set in WWII?
- Gionee launches A1 in India
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse