Well by now you're probably sick and tired of your PC and you want to trash the entire thing and replace it with a Mac. This is a very dangerous line of thinking, and I would urge you to seek professional psychiatric help before even thinking of buying a Mac. The truth is that a PC is a complex machine, made of up several different components of varying age, quality and function. Top that off with an operating system which is designed to be compatible with near infinite combinations of hardware and software and of course you need to spend some time and effort optimizing, customizing and maintaining your PC. It's a lot like a motor vehicle - every once in a while something goes wrong and it has to go to a mechanic. Even if nothing goes wrong it has to be serviced regularly to keep everything in tune. A PC needs the same sort of attention.
Hopefully this guide has been some help in giving you a central resource for PC troubleshooting, maintenance and optimization, particularly when it comes to gaming. Modern PC games push computer hardware and software to its absolute limit, and while you may be able to run older games on your PC without a problem rest assured that a cutting edge game will bring it to its knees and uncover a weak link in no time.
I want to thank all the sites I've linked to for providing a wealth of information and resources for PC users. I want to state categorically that there may well be errors in this guide, although I have made every effort to make sure everything is accurate. I guarantee that this guide will be kept up-to-date and I'll be continually refining and adding to the content to make sure it remains useful. If you find an error or a dead (non-working) link, or if you have some feedback, please email me (click my name at the top of the guide) and let me know. I try and respond to every email I get. You can also jump onto the TweakTown Forums and discuss any of the topics in this guide in the relevant forum.
Game Tweak Guides
If you're hankering for some game-specific nitty-gritty tweak guides, luckily I prepared some earlier for your reading pleasure. Try the following game guides I've written on TweakTown:
Now if you've been referred here from another guide, it's time to get back there and continue your tweaking!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- System Optimization - Page 1 [Introduction]
- System Optimization - Page 2 [Hardware Setup]
- System Optimization - Page 3 [BIOS Optimization]
- System Optimization - Page 4 [Overclocking]
- System Optimization - Page 5 [Overclocking (Part 2)]
- System Optimization - Page 6 [Operating System]
- System Optimization - Page 7 [Operating System (Part 2)]
- System Optimization - Page 8 [Device Drivers]
- System Optimization - Page 9 [Device Drivers (Part 2)]
- System Optimization - Page 10 [Device Drivers (Part 3)]
- System Optimization - Page 11 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 4K 120Hz is on its way to VR headsets with Onix VR
- PlayStation VR launches in Japan: over 51K units sold
- 'Deadpool' director Tim Miller walks from sequel
- Do you have questions for Elon Musk? Now is time to ask
- Huge cyber attack involved 10s of millions IP addresses
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook