I hope you've found something useful in this guide, but as you can tell there's not as much "tweakability" in NFSHP2 as in some other games, particularly in the .ini department. Generally speaking, if the game looks fantastic then you can bet it requires a bit of PC grunt to get it running smoothly. There's no "magic performance tweak" for NFSHP2. I want to repeat that if you find the game "stuttering" or slow, particularly at higher resolutions/details, then it's absolutely essential that you optimize your system first. That means the right drivers, the right windows/file cache sizes, correct virtual memory size, making sure your hard drive is operating at its fastest, the right BIOS settings, etc. Sometimes a game brings out system limitations, and it seems the extremely high polygon counts, special effects and texture sizes in NFSHP2 can only be displayed smoothly if you get your system optimized.
Keep coming back to this guide as I update it for new patches and utilities, and in particular new tweaks. If you know of an important or useful tweak for NFSHP2 which I haven't covered here, please email me (click my name above) or post it on our Gaming Forums.
Finally, I want to give a big thanks to the Need For Better Speed Forums where I found some of these tweaks. Check 'em out if you like the Need For Speed series of games.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hitman is part of AMD's Gaming Evolved program, includes DX12 features
- Infinity Ward is working on the next Call of Duty, due late this year
- Kanye West begins showing off his new video game
- Today is the last day for free Google Drive storage offer
- Unity answers Unreal's VR Editor with its own VR-in-VR dev toolset
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives