I hope you've found something useful in this guide, but as you can tell there's not as much "tweakability" in NFSHP2 as in some other games, particularly in the .ini department. Generally speaking, if the game looks fantastic then you can bet it requires a bit of PC grunt to get it running smoothly. There's no "magic performance tweak" for NFSHP2. I want to repeat that if you find the game "stuttering" or slow, particularly at higher resolutions/details, then it's absolutely essential that you optimize your system first. That means the right drivers, the right windows/file cache sizes, correct virtual memory size, making sure your hard drive is operating at its fastest, the right BIOS settings, etc. Sometimes a game brings out system limitations, and it seems the extremely high polygon counts, special effects and texture sizes in NFSHP2 can only be displayed smoothly if you get your system optimized.
Keep coming back to this guide as I update it for new patches and utilities, and in particular new tweaks. If you know of an important or useful tweak for NFSHP2 which I haven't covered here, please email me (click my name above) or post it on our Gaming Forums.
Finally, I want to give a big thanks to the Need For Better Speed Forums where I found some of these tweaks. Check 'em out if you like the Need For Speed series of games.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk refers to Apple as 'Tesla's graveyard'
- Sony started working on PlayStation VR in 2010
- ASUS makes its PG279Q monitor official, QHD with 165Hz and G-Sync
- 'Star Wars: Rebels' season 2 trailer reveals Vader, new friends & foes
- Disney-themed prosthetic hands are now a thing
- Kingwin Power Dock PD-2537U3 Dual-Bay Clone Storage Station Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R Rev1 SSD Boot Order Issue.
- Help Updating GA-X58A-UD3R Rev2.0 Bios
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent