I hope you've found something useful in this guide, but as you can tell there's not as much "tweakability" in NFSHP2 as in some other games, particularly in the .ini department. Generally speaking, if the game looks fantastic then you can bet it requires a bit of PC grunt to get it running smoothly. There's no "magic performance tweak" for NFSHP2. I want to repeat that if you find the game "stuttering" or slow, particularly at higher resolutions/details, then it's absolutely essential that you optimize your system first. That means the right drivers, the right windows/file cache sizes, correct virtual memory size, making sure your hard drive is operating at its fastest, the right BIOS settings, etc. Sometimes a game brings out system limitations, and it seems the extremely high polygon counts, special effects and texture sizes in NFSHP2 can only be displayed smoothly if you get your system optimized.
Keep coming back to this guide as I update it for new patches and utilities, and in particular new tweaks. If you know of an important or useful tweak for NFSHP2 which I haven't covered here, please email me (click my name above) or post it on our Gaming Forums.
Finally, I want to give a big thanks to the Need For Better Speed Forums where I found some of these tweaks. Check 'em out if you like the Need For Speed series of games.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel next-gen Xeon: 59% faster, up to 6TB Optane RAM
- Facebook Live goes social with Live videos with friends
- OnePlus 5 will feature Snapdragon 835, confirms CEO
- Divinity Original Sin 2 launches this September
- Unity valued at $2.8 billion
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017