I hope you've found something useful in this guide, but as you can tell there's not as much "tweakability" in NFSHP2 as in some other games, particularly in the .ini department. Generally speaking, if the game looks fantastic then you can bet it requires a bit of PC grunt to get it running smoothly. There's no "magic performance tweak" for NFSHP2. I want to repeat that if you find the game "stuttering" or slow, particularly at higher resolutions/details, then it's absolutely essential that you optimize your system first. That means the right drivers, the right windows/file cache sizes, correct virtual memory size, making sure your hard drive is operating at its fastest, the right BIOS settings, etc. Sometimes a game brings out system limitations, and it seems the extremely high polygon counts, special effects and texture sizes in NFSHP2 can only be displayed smoothly if you get your system optimized.
Keep coming back to this guide as I update it for new patches and utilities, and in particular new tweaks. If you know of an important or useful tweak for NFSHP2 which I haven't covered here, please email me (click my name above) or post it on our Gaming Forums.
Finally, I want to give a big thanks to the Need For Better Speed Forums where I found some of these tweaks. Check 'em out if you like the Need For Speed series of games.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's Galaxy S8+ sports huge 6.2-inch display
- Samsung's new Exynos 9 chip: 4K 120FPS camera tech
- The latest photos and details on AMD Radeon Vega
- AMD reboots itself with Ryzen, and Vega is next
- AMD Ryzen 7 1800X hits #1 best-selling CPUs on Amazon
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood