September in the computing world has been a very interesting one, although nowhere near as interesting as prior months, as the R9700 PRO video card wasn't released this month, and that was a product that certainly caught my attention. However, there have still been some interesting releases in September, probably centering on the release of the Athlon XP 2700+ and 2800+ with the nForce 2. They haven't been included in this guide, and won't for a long time to come as they are not expected to be released until around December, and only in quantity in Q1 2003.
Nevertheless, a few new things have been added to this guide. First up we have the new Corsair PC3500 DDR RAM based on the very overclockable Winbond 5ns chips, as well as the return of all the GeForce4 video cards, although this time in a budget role (I never imagined I'd see a Ti4600 recommended as a good budget card). Other than that, we have a new DVD drive, new sound cards, none of which come from Creative, and the introduction of speakers, as well two new cases and the Antec TruePower range of PSU's.
Ed. Note : Throughout this guide at the end of each section, you will see links to our Pricegrabber feature. Pricegrabber is a 3rd party feature of TweakTown which allows you to search for the best price on a particular product, saving you searching the entire Internet for the best prices. Additionally, prices are listed in Australian dollars. For USD, divide by two for the rough conversation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS X399 ROG Zenith Extreme: ThreadRipper BEAST BOARD
- Intel CPU engineer leaves after 20 years
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- GTA Online earned $1.09 billion, says analyst firm
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4