September in the computing world has been a very interesting one, although nowhere near as interesting as prior months, as the R9700 PRO video card wasn't released this month, and that was a product that certainly caught my attention. However, there have still been some interesting releases in September, probably centering on the release of the Athlon XP 2700+ and 2800+ with the nForce 2. They haven't been included in this guide, and won't for a long time to come as they are not expected to be released until around December, and only in quantity in Q1 2003.
Nevertheless, a few new things have been added to this guide. First up we have the new Corsair PC3500 DDR RAM based on the very overclockable Winbond 5ns chips, as well as the return of all the GeForce4 video cards, although this time in a budget role (I never imagined I'd see a Ti4600 recommended as a good budget card). Other than that, we have a new DVD drive, new sound cards, none of which come from Creative, and the introduction of speakers, as well two new cases and the Antec TruePower range of PSU's.
Ed. Note : Throughout this guide at the end of each section, you will see links to our Pricegrabber feature. Pricegrabber is a 3rd party feature of TweakTown which allows you to search for the best price on a particular product, saving you searching the entire Internet for the best prices. Additionally, prices are listed in Australian dollars. For USD, divide by two for the rough conversation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Backward compatible games now up on Xbox One store
- Battlefield 1 has shifting anthology style campaign
- Valve asked to pull No Man's Sky bullshots off Steam
- Latest Final Fantasy XIV patch loaded with new content
- Destiny 2 coming to PC with major improvements
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now