September in the computing world has been a very interesting one, although nowhere near as interesting as prior months, as the R9700 PRO video card wasn't released this month, and that was a product that certainly caught my attention. However, there have still been some interesting releases in September, probably centering on the release of the Athlon XP 2700+ and 2800+ with the nForce 2. They haven't been included in this guide, and won't for a long time to come as they are not expected to be released until around December, and only in quantity in Q1 2003.
Nevertheless, a few new things have been added to this guide. First up we have the new Corsair PC3500 DDR RAM based on the very overclockable Winbond 5ns chips, as well as the return of all the GeForce4 video cards, although this time in a budget role (I never imagined I'd see a Ti4600 recommended as a good budget card). Other than that, we have a new DVD drive, new sound cards, none of which come from Creative, and the introduction of speakers, as well two new cases and the Antec TruePower range of PSU's.
Ed. Note : Throughout this guide at the end of each section, you will see links to our Pricegrabber feature. Pricegrabber is a 3rd party feature of TweakTown which allows you to search for the best price on a particular product, saving you searching the entire Internet for the best prices. Additionally, prices are listed in Australian dollars. For USD, divide by two for the rough conversation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Iconic Nokia 3310 is now official and comes with Snake
- LG G6 is official with Snapdragon 821 and 18:9 display
- Intel scrambles, emails tech media over Ryzen reviews
- Qualcomm Snapdragon X50: supporting 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G
- Shadow of Mordor sequel leaked
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand
- Introducing LG XPower2 with high capacity battery designed for demanding users
- Enjoy incredible performance of AMD RYZEN with BIOSTAR X370GT5 motherboard
- COLORFUL introduces iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G Advanced video card
- Team Group introduces its fastest SSD for gamers with T-FORCE CARDEA M.2 SSD