AMD has long been known for selling processors that have a huge amount of overclocking potential. Though the parent company may not like the fact that buyers are getting something for nothing, they have normally turned the other cheek when it comes to making a product that is still easy to squeeze some extra power from. It used to be that all you needed was a simple #2 pencil to unlock the fury of your processor, but that was before the Palomino core design hit the streets. With this revision, enthusiasts had to step back and look for a new way to get those massive overclocked speeds.
Introducing the New & Improved AMD Overclocking Guide which will take a look at not only the principles of overclocking an Athlon based system, but also this particular processor and the new obstacles that stand in the way of the perfect overclocking system. For those who want some solid background information and history, our original AMD Overclocking Guide has some outstanding information to help get you up to speed in your overclocking project.
The purpose of this guide is to help the novice get the information necessary to join the ranks of the elite; the Computer Enthusiast. A majority of the hardcore folks will already know how to bypass the new design of the Athlon XP, so the target audience is aimed at the newer users who are just beginning their quest for more power. But if you fall into this category, then be forewarned...Those who begin to travel the paths of the overclocker seldom return to the humdrum ways of the default user!
Disclaimer: The art of overclocking is not an exact science. This guide will give information that can potentially damage and/or destroy your components. The author of this guide and TweakTown claim no responsibility for damages that may occur during the course of your attempts to overclock your system. Not all processors can handle the stresses of overclocking, so understand that you are taking a risk.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- AMD OC Guide - Page 1 [Introduction]
- AMD OC Guide - Page 2 [Terms/Definitions]
- AMD OC Guide - Page 3 [Basic Strategies]
- AMD OC Guide - Page 4 [Additional Tweaks - Cooling]
- AMD OC Guide - Page 5 [Additional Tweaks - BIOS Pt 1]
- AMD OC Guide - Page 6 [Additional Tweaks - BIOS Pt 2]
- AMD OC Guide - Page 7 [Additional Tweaks - BIOS Pt 3]
- AMD OC Guide - Page 8 [Unlocking the Processor - TBird]
- AMD OC Guide - Page 9 [Unlocking the Processor - Athlon XP]
- AMD OC Guide - Page 10 [General Troubleshooting]
- AMD OC Guide - Page 11 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 30% discount with Nintendo's Europe Birthday Promotion
- Watch Metallica's themed gameplay trailer that failed
- Dead Rising 4 has 18 holes of mini golf to play through
- Star Wars Battlefront DLC pack announced for November 18
- Xbox boss says Nintendo has 'bold vision' with Switch
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system