Download the Demo
The free demo is 97MB and is available from a variety of sources, however, the best place to check for working mirrors is the Official Unreal Tournament 2003 Site under the Downloads section. The site also has more details about the upcoming full release of UT 2003 and a useful FAQ.
Note: A new patch has been released for the demo! It's 3MB and can be downloaded from the link above. It solves several bugs and resolves problems with 3dfx graphics cards.
Go through and adjust all the settings to taste, getting a good balance between visual quality and performance on your machine. I have some recommendations for the major settings:
Video: To avoid problems, make sure you select Full Screen and set the Color Depth to the same as your desktop (32-bit recommended for both). Also set Contrast to 1.00 for sharpest image.
Details: The four settings at the top of this screen have the biggest impact on framerates, especially Texture Detail and World Detail.
Audio: Under Audio mode, make sure you use the Hardware 3D if available (+EAX if you have supported card) to improve sound quality dramatically. This may decrease graphics performance slightly however.
Player: The maximum number of characters for your player name is limited on this screen. See the Advanced Tweaks section below for a workaround.
Make sure you go through all the settings and customize them first. Once you've done this, we can move to the next phase of tweaking.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- UT2003 Demo Tweak Guide - Page 1 [Introduction]
- UT2003 Demo Tweak Guide - Page 2 [Download and Settings]
- UT2003 Demo Tweak Guide - Page 3 [Advanced Tweaks]
- UT2003 Demo Tweak Guide - Page 4 [HighQ Settings & Console]
- UT2003 Demo Tweak Guide - Page 5 [Benchmarking & Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- AMD Radeon RX 580 benchmarks leaked, is this Vega?
- Nintendo Switch supports remote game downloads
- Nintendo Switch left JoyCons have connection issues
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications