Download the Demo
The free demo is 97MB and is available from a variety of sources, however, the best place to check for working mirrors is the Official Unreal Tournament 2003 Site under the Downloads section. The site also has more details about the upcoming full release of UT 2003 and a useful FAQ.
Note: A new patch has been released for the demo! It's 3MB and can be downloaded from the link above. It solves several bugs and resolves problems with 3dfx graphics cards.
Go through and adjust all the settings to taste, getting a good balance between visual quality and performance on your machine. I have some recommendations for the major settings:
Video: To avoid problems, make sure you select Full Screen and set the Color Depth to the same as your desktop (32-bit recommended for both). Also set Contrast to 1.00 for sharpest image.
Details: The four settings at the top of this screen have the biggest impact on framerates, especially Texture Detail and World Detail.
Audio: Under Audio mode, make sure you use the Hardware 3D if available (+EAX if you have supported card) to improve sound quality dramatically. This may decrease graphics performance slightly however.
Player: The maximum number of characters for your player name is limited on this screen. See the Advanced Tweaks section below for a workaround.
Make sure you go through all the settings and customize them first. Once you've done this, we can move to the next phase of tweaking.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- UT2003 Demo Tweak Guide - Page 1 [Introduction]
- UT2003 Demo Tweak Guide - Page 2 [Download and Settings]
- UT2003 Demo Tweak Guide - Page 3 [Advanced Tweaks]
- UT2003 Demo Tweak Guide - Page 4 [HighQ Settings & Console]
- UT2003 Demo Tweak Guide - Page 5 [Benchmarking & Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rick Rubin's latest project is a Star Wars-themed electronic album
- Samsung's 4K Blu-ray player launches early
- Search engines are about to be creepy good at predicting what you want
- All the juicy Hitman beta details revealed for the 19th
- Uninstalling Facebook on iPhone will save you 15% battery life
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance