Let's Get Started - Continued Again
Now refer back to the Serial Key Changer program and simply choose one and type it into the New key field area as shown in the picture above. Once you've done that click the Update button. It will then proceed to update your serial key and bring you back to the Activate Windows by Phone screen. From here you can close this screen; your Windows serial key has been changed.
To confirm that your serial key has changed correctly to the one you choose from the Serial Key Changer Program you need to go ahead and open the Serial Key Viewer program by opening the file "WindowsXP Product Key Viewer.exe" which looks a little something like this.
Step 4 - Now that we have changed your serial key we are ready to go ahead and begin the install process of Windows XP Service Pack 1. Locate the update file and open it, you will be promoted with the "Welcome to the Windows XP Service Pack 1 Setup Wizard", click Next to continue. Next up you will need to agree to the license agreement which is followed by the option to either Archive Files or Do Not Archive Files. It is recommended that you do choose the Archive Files option in case you happen to run into problems after installation.
Now you should have the installation process happening, depending on the speed of your system the update should install in rough 10 - 20 minutes (maybe longer), especially if you choose the Archive Files option which makes the process quite a bit longer.
After the installation process is finally finished you will be promoted to reboot your PC - go ahead and restart your system. Once you are back into Windows you will have Service Pack 1 installed. To confirm that it did actually install okay, go to your desktop, highlight My Computer and press ALT + Enter together and you should see a screen similar to the one below like on my system.
How much to upgrade to x64 Edition?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- XP SP1 Updating - Page 1 [Introduction]
- XP SP1 Updating - Page 2 [Let's Get Started]
- XP SP1 Updating - Page 3 [Let's Get Started Continued]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huge cyber attack involved 10s of millions IP addresses
- Apple's iPod changed the world of music 15 years ago
- ARK: Survival Evolved update: new dinos, maps, and more
- AT&T buys HBO, Warner Bros., and CNN for $80 billion
- Shadow Warrior 2 patched, includes several optimizations
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook