We do not take any responsibility for the following procedure - Please be fully aware that there is a (remote) chance you may destory your motherboard while flashing your BIOS. You perform the following with an understanding of the risks.
Epox's 4G4A+ based Intel 845G motherboard is one of the most popular Pentium 4 motherboards on the market today. When we reviewed it about three months ago we gave it 10 out of 10 and of course our Editor's Choice Award for an already awesome product. However users in our forums and others have been asking how we managed to obtain DDR333 support from the motherboard which sometimes ships with an older BIOS with DDR333 support, but many newer boards are only shipping with a DDR266 BIOS.
By popular request, we've written this short guide which includes the older BIOS which was used in our original 4G4A+ motherboard review offering unofficial DDR333 support. We've also included the Award flash program in the zip file as well as instructions (below) on how to obtain DDR333 from your Intel 845G motherboard.
First of all, download the zip file from our servers
Step 1 - Create bootable floppy disk, uncompress zip files content to disk
Step 2 - Reboot with PC with bootable floppy disk
Step 3 - At the command prompt type "AWDFLASH" then press enter
Step 4 - In source file field type "4g4a333.bin" then press enter
Step 5 - When promoted backup your original BIOS
Step 6 - Allow flash procedure, then reset when prompted
If done correctly you should now have DDR333 support from your Epox 4G4A+ motherboard which is ultimately going to mean a 3DMark increase of anywhere from 300 to 1000 marks. After your computer has rebooted enter the BIOS by pressing the delete button on the right hand side of your keyboard and enter Frequency / Voltage Control where you'll find the option to enable DDR333 memory operations, as shown in the picture below.
Everyone should thank Cameron "Sov" Johnson for this information. If you have any questions or comment, please post them in the Motherboards section of our forums!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Witcher 3 receives a new 15GB patch, with a 13-page changelog
- Uber hack in early 2014 allegedly traced back to the CTO of Lyft
- Light's new camera has 16 camera sensors, takes 52-megapixel photos
- HP unveils its new 34-inch curved all-in-one 'Envy' PC
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- Help Updating GA-X58A-UD3R Rev2.0 Bios
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent