Overall, your best money is on the Desktop Connect software. It gives you good freedom to use a remote system at an excellent price. It also offers a few more features than XenDesktop + Citrix Receiver did (like a right click option).
Still, XenDesktop is fun to play with and has its own virtues for someone that wants to get more out of their iPad. Neither option gave me stutter free Flash playback. I was able to get a few YouTube videos to play, but at times they would lag, or time out.
I found that for actual productivity work both of these solutions beat out using the iPad (plus iWork) on its own. There is nothing like being able to have multiple applications open and available when you are working. The iPad just cannot do that, so it is not a good work flow environment.
Still, as you can see, for not a whole lot of time and money you can very easily overcome these issues and add to the functionality of your iPad WiFi regardless of the size.
Right of Reply
We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Further Reading: Read and find more Guides content at our Guides reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Mobile payment market is up for grabs among companies pushing services
- Dropping phablet prices putting pressure on smaller-sized smartphones
- Secret Service plans to test drone flights in Washington, D.C
- Tim Cook: Apple Watch could replace car keys for newer vehicles
- RIP 'Star Trek' legend Leonard Nimoy
- Ga-ep31-ds3l dead after flashing bios
- HIS Multi-View x2 HDOCK1 USB 3.0 Dual Display Docking Station Review
- Cannot open CTRL + I Intel rapid storage menu
- Intel ME (Management Engine Components). Is it important?
- ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer AM3+ Ultra Fast Boot Not Working?
- Fractal Design Announces Venturi Series Fans
- BitFenix Announces AEGIS Micro-ATX Chassis
- VisionTek Introduces DriveXpander 2.5-inch Drive Expansion Slot Adapter
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop