Morrowind is a game ahead of its time in many respects. The freedom you have to choose your path through the game is mind-boggling. The graphics are astounding in their detail and atmosphere, especially for an RPG. The sheer size of the game world is incredible. The storyline - if you choose to involve yourself in it - is immersive and complex.
While Morrowind is a blessing for most RPG gamers, sadly there have been many who are unable to make this game run at anything but a chug on their machines...and that's if they're lucky enough to get the game to run with any stability at all. The word now on gamer's lips is that Morrowind is also ahead of its time in terms of system requirements...
That's not entirely true, and I'm here to show otherwise. You may know me as PersianImmortal from various gaming and hardware forums. This is my first guide for TweakTown, and it's been a little while in the making, having gone through a few early iterations on the official Morrowind forums.
This guide has been written to help gamers get more out of Morrowind, smooth out and speed up framerates and loading times, and reduce and (hopefully) eliminate crashes to desktop (CTDs), lockups and error messages.
The guide is broken into three sections.
1. Basic Morrowind Optimisation
2. Advanced Morrowind Tweaks/Troubleshooting
3. Windows-specific Tweaks/Optimisation
Read through and follow all three parts for maximum benefit.
Note: This guide has been updated up to the latest version of Morrowind (Version 1.6.1820) which is the version with the latest Morrowind Bloodmoon Expansion Pack Patch. If you do not have Bloodmoon, the next latest full version of Morrowind is 1.4.1313 with the Tribunal Expansion and Patch, or if you just have Morrowind without any expansions, the latest version is the 1.2.0722 patch.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Morrowind Tweak Guide - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Morrowind Tweak Guide - Page 2 [BASIC MORROWIND OPTIMISATION]
- Morrowind Tweak Guide - Page 3 [Morrowind "No CD" Patch]
- Morrowind Tweak Guide - Page 4 [Optimising Morrowind Settings]
- Morrowind Tweak Guide - Page 5 [ADVANCED MORROWIND TWEAKS/TROUBLESHOOTING]
- Morrowind Tweak Guide - Page 6 [Morrowind Game Engine]
- Morrowind Tweak Guide - Page 7 [WINDOWS-SPECIFIC TWEAKS/OPTIMISATIONS]
- Morrowind Tweak Guide - Page 8 [Hard Drive Optimisation]
- Morrowind Tweak Guide - Page 9 [Graphics Card Optimisation]
- Morrowind Tweak Guide - Page 10 [Optimal BIOS Settings]
- Morrowind Tweak Guide - Page 11 [Overclocking and Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pay what you want for 180+ hours of game dev training
- New Prey game isn't a sequel or a reboot, it's a re-imagining
- PlayStation VR requires almost as much space as HTC Vive
- Early copy of No Man's Sky allegedly sold for $1,250
- NVIDIA ordered to pay each GeForce GTX 970 $30 over VRAM controversy
- GA-X58A-UD7 Error Code 88 (or 8b something)
- Asus Stix X99
- Latest APP Center Gigabyte programs
- Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio