- PC1066 RDRAM
Times on list: New
PC1066 RDRAM is extremely hard to find, especially so in Australia. Instead, many companies are offering so called PC1066 RDRAM which is actually overclocked PC800 RDRAM, which isn't what you're after. At the moment, the only real PC1066 RDRAM that I am aware of is made by Kingston, so anything other than that should be ignored.Note: This RAM is only for the Asus P4T 533 board, and not the other two motherboards listed, which both use DDR RAM (below).
If you can't get real PC1066 RDRAM, I would personally ignore it all together and get the Epox 4G4A+ or a similar board which, when used with PC2700 DDR RAM, will give performance that is reasonably close to the P4T533; and for much less money.
- Find the best price on Kingston PC1066 RDRAM!
- Corsair CAS 2 XMS3000 (PC3000) DDR SDRAM 256MB
Times on list: 3
While Kingmax may have PC3200 DDR RAM on the market, the Corsair RAM was chosen because of its proven reliability at very high FSB speeds. This model of RAM is certified to run at 185MHz FSB (370MHz DDR) with settings of 2-3-3 and a 1T command rate. At 166MHz FSB (333 DDR) they are certified to run at 2-2-2 and a 1T command rate. These modules use eight 8*32M chips and comes with a pre-installed heat sink to help keep the temperature down when running extreme FSB's. They also come with a lifetime warranty.
Another module to look out for is the Kingmax PC3200 DDR RAM chips. They are rated for CAS 2.5 at 400MHz and CAS 2 at 366MHz. Corsair also has a PC3200 DDR RAM stick on the market, although these are hard to find. However, if you can get hold of them, go for it. They are only slightly more, and will overclock slightly better (being rated for 400MHz). If you want to buy a P4/533MHz FSB and an i845E/G motherboard, this is the best DDR RAM to buy. It will overclock the best allowing you to regain some of the extra memory bandwidth you can't obtain without PC1066 RDRAM.
- Find the best price on Corsair DDR memory!
- Corsair XMS2700 DDR RAM (PC2700 - 333MHz)
Times on list: New
The RAM here is the same as the RAM above, except it is only rated to PC2700 (333MHz) which means it will not overclock quite as well. This RAM is rated for 2-2-2/1T at 333MHz DDR (166MHz) and 2-3-3/2T at 370MHz DDR (185MHz). The RAM also comes with the heatspreader seen on the PC3000 RAM above. The reason this RAM was chosen over the Kingmax RAM was its added overclocking ability. Recently, numerous tests have shown the Corsair RAM overclocks far better than the Kingmax. The price of the PC2700 RAM is, in Australia at least, not much less than the price of PC3000 RAM. If you have a few extra dollars (about AU$40 last time I checked), you may want to go for the PC3000 Corsair RAM, but the PC2700 will certainly suffice.
- Find the best price on Corsair XMS2700 (PC2700 - 333MHz) DDR SDRAM!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- PC Buyers Guide - Page 1 [Introduction]
- PC Buyers Guide - Page 2 [Whats New This Month?]
- PC Buyers Guide - Page 3 [Processors]
- PC Buyers Guide - Page 4 [Motherboards]
- PC Buyers Guide - Page 5 [Memory]
- PC Buyers Guide - Page 6 [Video Cards]
- PC Buyers Guide - Page 7 [Hard Disk Drives]
- PC Buyers Guide - Page 8 [DVD and CD Burners]
- PC Buyers Guide - Page 9 [Sound Cards and Monitors]
- PC Buyers Guide - Page 10 [Cases/Power Supplies]
- PC Buyers Guide - Page 11 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis