Getting into Coolbits
Yes, it sounds absurd, but actually getting into Coolbits is harder than overclocking with Coolbits... To get to the Coolbits overclocking utility, you need to open the display properties by right clicking on your desktop. Then you will need to select the Settings tab, and click on Advanced. It should bring up a screen like this:
Once you're at this point, you will need to click on the tab that has the name of your video card. In my case, it says GeForce3 Ti200. Once you have selected your card's tab, a window like this will appear.
At this point, select the Advanced Properties tab located at the bottom of the window. Once that is selected, this window should appear:
From here, select the Clock Frequencies tab, and you can go onto the next stage.
Overclocking with Coolbits
Overclocking your video card is a lot easier than you would expect, and if you can manage the maze of tabs to get into Coolbits, then you will be able to work out what you're doing very easily. Once you have entered the Clock Settings tab of the Display Properties, all you have to do is select what frequency you want your core and memory to be running at. This is done by moving the sliding tab to the corresponding position, rather easy...
The first picture shows Coolbits with my card at its default settings, 175MHz/400MHz:
The next picture is my card running at its new standard speed of 190MHz/435MHz. This change was made by sliding the frequency bar.
The last picture is the max settings Coolbits will allow for my Ti200. While the settings of 215MHz core and 500MHz memory are far above the standard speed, it would be nice to be able to set these higher as my card does higher than this while running stable. To obtain a higher core/memory speed, I'll have to use NVmax.
As you can see, Coolbits is extremely easy to use. Once you have the desired speed, select "Test New Setting" tab, click "Apply" and if all is well, you have just overclocked your video card. Go and test these settings in a game or 3DMark and if no glitches are present, you can try higher or select "Apply these settings at restart" which will make the new speeds the default once you have restarted.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Video Card Overclocking Guide - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Video Card Overclocking Guide - Page 2 [Common Questions]
- Video Card Overclocking Guide - Page 3 [My Video Card]
- Video Card Overclocking Guide - Page 4 [The BIOS]
- Video Card Overclocking Guide - Page 5 [NVmax and Coolbits]
- Video Card Overclocking Guide - Page 6 [Installing NVmax and Coolbits]
- Video Card Overclocking Guide - Page 7 [Overclocking with Coolbits]
- Video Card Overclocking Guide - Page 8 [Overclocking with NVmax]
- Video Card Overclocking Guide - Page 9 [The other NVmax options]
- Video Card Overclocking Guide - Page 10 [Cooling]
- Video Card Overclocking Guide - Page 11 [Problems]
- Video Card Overclocking Guide - Page 12 [Results]
- Video Card Overclocking Guide - Page 13 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- Just Cause 3's map is huge, covering 400 square miles
- Cards Against Humanity sold nothing over Black Friday, still made $54k
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis