Part 1 - Install the wrong driver
Yes I know it sounds crazy, but in order to achieve our goal we will be installing the incorrect driver for the Audigy card. Start by going into device manager, and obtaining the properties for the PCI Multimedia Audio Device.
On the Driver tab, click the update driver button and select the "Install from a list or specific location" radio button, and press next.
Then click the "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install" radio button, and press next.
Select "Sound, video and game controllers, and press next. Untick the "Show compatible hardware" box, and from the list select the Creative Soundblaster Live Series driver and press next.
This will install the Audigy as a Live! series card. It will install correctly, but you won't get any sounds at all. A restart is required at this point.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- These are the differences between the Galaxy S7 and S8
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+: Everything you need to know
- The Galaxy S8+ is official and it looks marvelous
- It's official! Samsung announces the Galaxy S8
- Destiny 2 content timed exclusive to PS4 until 2018
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design