Part 1 - Install the wrong driver
Yes I know it sounds crazy, but in order to achieve our goal we will be installing the incorrect driver for the Audigy card. Start by going into device manager, and obtaining the properties for the PCI Multimedia Audio Device.
On the Driver tab, click the update driver button and select the "Install from a list or specific location" radio button, and press next.
Then click the "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install" radio button, and press next.
Select "Sound, video and game controllers, and press next. Untick the "Show compatible hardware" box, and from the list select the Creative Soundblaster Live Series driver and press next.
This will install the Audigy as a Live! series card. It will install correctly, but you won't get any sounds at all. A restart is required at this point.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm's new Snapdragon X16 modem capable of 1Gbps over LTE
- Hitman is part of AMD's Gaming Evolved program, includes DX12 features
- Infinity Ward is working on the next Call of Duty, due late this year
- Kanye West begins showing off his new video game
- Today is the last day for free Google Drive storage offer
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives