With processors rapidly evolving and therefore the requirements for more effective cooling solutions, a lot of you may be asking, 'Will there be a time when an air cooled heatsink will not be sufficient cooling for a processor?'. Well, as long as alternatives such as water cooling and peltier cooling remain expensive and difficult to install, air cooling will continue to be the preferable choice among most users for some time to come.
That said, as processors get faster and hotter, we will most likely see more heatsinks made out of better heat conductors, such as silver, because aluminium and maybe even copper may not be able to cope with the heat output of future processors and even chipsets.
In an ideal world, as processors evolve they should somehow generate less heat, thus allowing heatsink manufacturers to focus mainly on producing a cost effective, low noise computing solution. Thermal management is also a big issue for processor manufacturers during research and development. But, as they say in latin, 'Tempus Omnia Revelat' (time reveals all). So I guess we'll just have to sit back, wait and see.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Heatsink Theory Guide - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Heatsink Theory Guide - Page 2 [Materials]
- Heatsink Theory Guide - Page 3 [Design]
- Heatsink Theory Guide - Page 4 [Manufacturing Methods]
- Heatsink Theory Guide - Page 5 [Fans & Thermal Interface Material]
- Heatsink Theory Guide - Page 6 [Testing the Theory]
- Heatsink Theory Guide - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD