Ahh yes, wintertime is almost over. The snow is melting, it's beginning to warm up, and another big event is happening. No, I'm not talking about Ground Hog's Day or even Mardi Gras. I'm talking about my finally deciding to get off of my lazy bum and install this new software contraption from Microsoft called Windows XP Professional Edition.
I've heard all the rumors about how stable it is, how easy to use it is, how well games run on it, and now it's time to see if it can live up to all this hype. I will be using my own personal computer as the guinea pig and venturing into new territory. Boldly running an operating system I have never run before. So follow along with me on this little excursion and you can get a peek at this new operating system and how easy it is to install.
Gone are the days of planning a whole afternoon out for an installation that is only supposed to take 30-60 minutes, depending on the speed of your system. No more hour after hour long sessions of sitting at a boring screen with bad color clicking next, next, next, next, choosing options, next, next, next, reboot, next, next...well, you get the point.
After installing this new version from Microsoft, I was surprised at how few choices it requires from the end user during setup, and how well it is automated. Since this will be an upgrade, and not a full installation requiring a full format of my C: drive and fresh setup, we will be starting from within Windows. In this case, I am running Windows 2000 Professional. Nearly any other version may be upgraded as well (i.e. Win95, 98, 98SE, and ME). So here we go, on to the first step.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Latest News Posts
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- iOS 9 now has Tweetbot 4 support on iPad and iPhone
- Helpful Chrome extension lets you play GIFs in Google Search
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog