Ahh yes, wintertime is almost over. The snow is melting, it's beginning to warm up, and another big event is happening. No, I'm not talking about Ground Hog's Day or even Mardi Gras. I'm talking about my finally deciding to get off of my lazy bum and install this new software contraption from Microsoft called Windows XP Professional Edition.
I've heard all the rumors about how stable it is, how easy to use it is, how well games run on it, and now it's time to see if it can live up to all this hype. I will be using my own personal computer as the guinea pig and venturing into new territory. Boldly running an operating system I have never run before. So follow along with me on this little excursion and you can get a peek at this new operating system and how easy it is to install.
Gone are the days of planning a whole afternoon out for an installation that is only supposed to take 30-60 minutes, depending on the speed of your system. No more hour after hour long sessions of sitting at a boring screen with bad color clicking next, next, next, next, choosing options, next, next, next, reboot, next, next...well, you get the point.
After installing this new version from Microsoft, I was surprised at how few choices it requires from the end user during setup, and how well it is automated. Since this will be an upgrade, and not a full installation requiring a full format of my C: drive and fresh setup, we will be starting from within Windows. In this case, I am running Windows 2000 Professional. Nearly any other version may be upgraded as well (i.e. Win95, 98, 98SE, and ME). So here we go, on to the first step.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Latest News Posts
- Thecus adds 8TB Seagate HDD support to their NAS range
- Sony expected to drop the PS4 price down to $350 for the holidays
- New Star Wars Battlefront footage arrives with Luke vs Darth Vader
- Valve's retail presence involves GameStop, EB Games and Game UK
- Win a copy of BBC Earth's amazing 'Life Story' Blu-ray documentary
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Topic: X99E-ITX/ac with 32GB ram
- Buffalo TeraStation 5200 Windows Storage Server Review
- USB 3.0 (or even 3.1) header availability for Armorsuit PC-P60?
- Project Core XD
- The Crew WILD RUN PC CLOSED BETA WILL BE PLAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 15TH TO OCTOBER 19TH 2015
- MLG Announces Broadcast Talent for World Finals in New Orleans
- Patriot Announces New Viper 4 3600MHz Dual-Channel Memory Kit
- Supermicro Launches New 1U TwinPro Fully Redundant, Dual DP Node, SuperServer
- AMD Partners with Oculus and Dell to Power Oculus Ready PCs