Ahh yes, wintertime is almost over. The snow is melting, it's beginning to warm up, and another big event is happening. No, I'm not talking about Ground Hog's Day or even Mardi Gras. I'm talking about my finally deciding to get off of my lazy bum and install this new software contraption from Microsoft called Windows XP Professional Edition.
I've heard all the rumors about how stable it is, how easy to use it is, how well games run on it, and now it's time to see if it can live up to all this hype. I will be using my own personal computer as the guinea pig and venturing into new territory. Boldly running an operating system I have never run before. So follow along with me on this little excursion and you can get a peek at this new operating system and how easy it is to install.
Gone are the days of planning a whole afternoon out for an installation that is only supposed to take 30-60 minutes, depending on the speed of your system. No more hour after hour long sessions of sitting at a boring screen with bad color clicking next, next, next, next, choosing options, next, next, next, reboot, next, next...well, you get the point.
After installing this new version from Microsoft, I was surprised at how few choices it requires from the end user during setup, and how well it is automated. Since this will be an upgrade, and not a full installation requiring a full format of my C: drive and fresh setup, we will be starting from within Windows. In this case, I am running Windows 2000 Professional. Nearly any other version may be upgraded as well (i.e. Win95, 98, 98SE, and ME). So here we go, on to the first step.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon GPU tech will power Intel's next-gen iGPUs
- Titanfall 2 infographic reveal interesting information
- Apple's new MacBook Pro has crappy battery life
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Battlefield 1's new update includes SLI fixes, and more
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand