- Power Management Setup
ACPI Suspend Type - Here you can select the ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Management) suspend type that will be used. If you select S1 (Power On Suspend), power is still given to the system and the data is kept on the HDD and RAM but the processor is halted, whereas, if you select S3 (Suspend To RAM), the system/application state is saved to RAM (Random Access Memory) and power is cut to most components.
Video Off Method - This option allows you to select how your monitor will be turned off in power saving mode. The options are "V/HSYNCH Blank", "DPMS" and "Blank Only". V/HSYNCH Blank causes the video card to shut down the vertical and horizontal sync signals to the monitor, as well as sending blanks to the video buffer. This is ideal for monitors without DPMS. DPMS (Display Power Management System) shuts down parts of the monitor's circuitry after a period of inactivity. Blank only writes blanks to the video buffer. For optimal performance, select DPMS.
Video Off In Suspend - This option allows you to select whether or not you want your video card to operate in power saving mode. The default setting is "Yes".
Suspend Type - Here you can select a suspend type of S1, S3, S4 or S5. S1 or Stop Grant is power on suspend. This just halts the processor and all data is kept on the HDD or RAM. S3 is suspend to RAM. This is where the system/application state is saved to RAM (Random Access Memory) and power is cut to most components. S4 is Hibernate (suspend to HDD). No power is given to any component, but your current OS settings, etc., are stored so when the PC is turned back on it goes back to where you left it. S5 is soft-off. No power is given to any system component, current configuration is not saved.
MODEM Use IRQ - This option allows you to select the IRQ of your modem. This is best left as default unless you are experiencing problems.
Suspend Mode - This option enables you to select how long your system can be inactive before shutting down. This is a matter of personal preference, but I prefer it set to "Disabled".
HDD Power Down - Here you can set your HDD to power down after being inactive for a certain amount of time. Again, this is a matter of personal preference, but I prefer it set to "Disabled".
Soft-Off by PWR-BTTN - This allows you to select the delay between when you press the power button to when the system turns off. If you set it to "3", then you will have to hold the button for three seconds. If you set it to "Instant-Off", then your system will power down as soon as you press the button.
PME Event Wake Up - This allows you to select whether or not you would like your system to wake up from power saving mode when a PME event occurs.
ModemRingOn/WakeOnLan - If this setting is enabled, an incoming LAN or modem call will awaken the system from power saving mode.
Resume by Alarm - If this setting is enabled, you can select the exact time and date for when your system will power on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Similar numbers on Fallout 4 PC than Battlefront on all platforms
- AMD to paper launch Radeon R9 Fury X2, could be delayed into 2016
- Harrison Ford has seen 'Force Awakens' final cut
- Nintendo's 'Mario Kart' eSports show coming to DisneyXD channel
- MSI Z170A Krait motherboard includes Rainbow Six Siege, new design
- Sonnet Fusion PCIe Fusion Drive 256GB Thunderbolt 2 SSD Review
- PC-O5SX Availability
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- LG TOUTS THE POWER OF OLED IN SLICK NEW CAMPAIGN
- Lenovo Unveils the ThinkPad P40 Yoga Mobile Workstation
- Cohesive Networks Joins HPE's Cloud28+ Catalogue of Services for European Enterprises
- Nokia Technologies announces commercial availability of OZO virtual reality camera
- SingEx Exhibitions Expands Footprint in China with Partnership to Launch IoT China