- Integrated Peripherals Cont.
Onboard USB 2.0 Device - This option enables or disables the USB 2.0 controller. Enable this if you are using USB 2.0 devices.
Onboard Sound - This allows you to disable or enable onboard audio, if it exists on your motherboard. If you wish to use onboard sound, enable this option, otherwise disable it as it could interfere with your primary sound card.
Onboard ATA/RAID Device - This option allows you to enable or disable the onboard ATA/RAID controller. If you have a RAID array setup, enable this, if not, disabling it will free up an IRQ.
Power On By Mouse - This lets you select whether or not you want your system to turn on by clicking one of the mouse buttons. This is set to "Button Only" by default, which means your system will only start up when you press the power button on your case.
Power On By Keyboard - This lets you select whether or not you want your system to turn on by pressing a key on your keyboard. This is set to "Button Only" by default, which means your system will only start up when you press the power button on your case.
Onboard FDC Controller - Here you can enable or disable the floppy drive controller. If you have a floppy drive connected to your PC, enable this option. If not, disable this option to free up an IRQ.
Onboard Serial Port 1 - This option allows you to enable or disable the first onboard serial port. You can also select its I/O address and IRQ. This is best set as "Auto".
Onboard Serial Port 2 - This option allows you to enable or disable the second onboard serial port. You can also select its I/O address and IRQ. This is best set as "Auto".
UART Mode Select - This option becomes visible if you have enabled serial port 2. Here you can select the appropriate modes for your infrared device/s. If you don't have any infrared devices, leave this option at its default setting.
UR2 Duplex Mode - This option becomes visible if you have enabled serial port 2. The Duplex Mode is the transition mode of the IR port. Full duplex allows two-way simultaneous transmission, while half duplex only allows one direction at a time. Set this to full duplex for the best performance.
Onboard Parallel Port - Here you can select the IRQ and I/O address for the onboard parallel port. This is best left as default unless you run into problems.
Parallel Port Mode - This option allows you to select the parallel port mode, with the default option being SPP (Standard Parallel Port). The other options available are EPP (Enhanced Parallel Port) and ECP (Extended Capabilities Port). EPP and ECP are both faster than SPP, with the ECP mode supposedly being better for large data transfers. For optimal performance, I recommend setting this option to either EPP or ECP.
ECP Mode Use DMA - If you select the ECP parallel port mode, this option allows you to select its DMA channel. This is best left at default (3) unless you run into problems.
AC BACK Function - The AC Back function allows you to set the PC behavior for when the power comes back on after an outage. This is a matter of personal preference, but I have it set to "Soft-Off".*Thanks to SezaGeoff from the Overclockers Australia Forums for clearing up some confusion regarding what the AC Back function does.
CIR Port Address -This allows you to manually select the CIR Port IRQ. This is best left at default unless you are experiencing problems.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows 10 changelog site launched
- Tales of Symphonia mod fixes stuttering, resolution issues
- ViewSonic's 4K FreeSync capable gaming monitor now available
- FCC filing confirms 3600mAh battery for Galaxy S7 Edge
- Voice dictation coming to Apple TV
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance