Whether you like it or not, the PC industry is evolving at an ever increasing pace. You can purchase a top of the range computer for around $4000, only to find that after a period of six months it is already outdated and not fit to run the latest games/software. Obviously, this can prove very frustrating for many of us that unfortunately, do not have the money to keep upgrading our PCs. What if I told you that you could squeeze extra speed out of your computer without spending a cent or moving out of the chair you are sitting in right now? Sounds crazy doesn't it? Well, as you will find out while reading this guide, it is very do-able and actually quite easy.
The key to unlocking this extra performance is called the "BIOS". Before I explain how to tweak the BIOS settings for optimal performance, I will briefly explain what a BIOS is and talk about its role in the PC.
Note: The Award BIOS version 6, revision F6, was used in this guide. The BIOS version that you are currently using may be slightly different from the one used here. Please take this into account when reading however, the basic settings in your BIOS should be very similar.
Disclaimer - TweakTown and the writer of this guide take absolutely no responsibility for any damage you do to your computer while performing the tweaks listed in this guide.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 4K 120Hz is on its way to VR headsets with Onix VR
- PlayStation VR launches in Japan: over 51K units sold
- 'Deadpool' director Tim Miller walks from sequel
- Do you have questions for Elon Musk? Now is time to ask
- Huge cyber attack involved 10s of millions IP addresses
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook