Whether you like it or not, the PC industry is evolving at an ever increasing pace. You can purchase a top of the range computer for around $4000, only to find that after a period of six months it is already outdated and not fit to run the latest games/software. Obviously, this can prove very frustrating for many of us that unfortunately, do not have the money to keep upgrading our PCs. What if I told you that you could squeeze extra speed out of your computer without spending a cent or moving out of the chair you are sitting in right now? Sounds crazy doesn't it? Well, as you will find out while reading this guide, it is very do-able and actually quite easy.
The key to unlocking this extra performance is called the "BIOS". Before I explain how to tweak the BIOS settings for optimal performance, I will briefly explain what a BIOS is and talk about its role in the PC.
Note: The Award BIOS version 6, revision F6, was used in this guide. The BIOS version that you are currently using may be slightly different from the one used here. Please take this into account when reading however, the basic settings in your BIOS should be very similar.
Disclaimer - TweakTown and the writer of this guide take absolutely no responsibility for any damage you do to your computer while performing the tweaks listed in this guide.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gmail Android notifications bug fix rolling out this week
- AMD's next-gen Opteron to have 32 cores, 8-channel DDR4 support
- This ASUS-powered custom PC based around Far Cry Primal looks insane!
- LG G5 will feature always-on display
- Fight hordes of demons in the Neverwinter: Underdark expansion
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance