Software Overclocking aka Soft FSB
Most of us now know that you can overclock the FSB of your processor in the BIOS but many of us do not know that we can overclock the FSB through Windows or Software. Using a very popular program by H.Oda called Soft FSB we can overclock the FSB in Windows without even rebooting to put the changes into affect. The purpose of this Windows based application is to change the base clock(FSB) frequency of your system without restarting the system. Any FSB changes are instantaneous. Soft FSB runs on Windows 95/98 and Windows NT 4.0/5.0 in both Japanese and English modes. According to H.Oda, originally this software was made to see if it was possible to set FSB values which cannot be set with use of the BIOS. If you raise the FSB too high then it is possible that the CPU may not function correctly anymore, and the system will hang. While I find overclocking through the BIOS better, many users who's motherboards don't have overclocking support depend on this program heavily.
Soft FSB is supported on all motherboards that have a clock generator. Soft FSB uses this generator to overclock the FSB just as the BIOS does to control the clock speed of the processor. However, as I mentioned above Soft FSB has very good advantages like not having to reboot to overclock.
Soft FSB is a very easy to use program with common sense is also used. It is a small (around 100kb) download and will not cost you a single cent. If you would like to try some software FSB overclocking, you can download Soft FSB over at TweakFiles like thousands of other people have done worldwide.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Intel FSB Overclocking Guide - Page 1
- Intel FSB Overclocking Guide - Page 2
- Intel FSB Overclocking Guide - Page 3
- Intel FSB Overclocking Guide - Page 4
- Intel FSB Overclocking Guide - Page 5
- Intel FSB Overclocking Guide - Page 6
- Intel FSB Overclocking Guide - Page 7
- Intel FSB Overclocking Guide - Page 8
- Intel FSB Overclocking Guide - Page 9
- Intel FSB Overclocking Guide - Page 10
- Intel FSB Overclocking Guide - Page 11
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo sold 2.74 million Switch systems in first month
- Nintendo profits increase by 521%
- Tekken 7's boxing kangaroo nixed due to animal activists
- GeForce GT 1030 to cost $80, will compete against RX 550
- 'Kingsman' sequel releases first explosive trailer
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives