Here are a few programs I recommend you download to assist you in overclocking your Intel processor...
Clock Speed Calculator - Grab It Here!
This program will allow you to find out the front side bus speed or clock multiplier of many Intel processors. It will also allow you to put in your own FSB & clock multiplier settings from two drop down lists to find out (approximately) what your new clock speed will be.
Soft FSB - Grab It Here!
The purpose of this Windows application is to change the base clock(FSB) frequency without restarting the system. Any FSB changes are instantaneous. It runs on Windows 95/98 and Windows NT 4.0/5.0 in both Japanese and English mode. Originally this software was made to see if it was possible to set FSB values which cannot be set with use of the BIOS. If you raise the FSB too high then it is possible that the CPU may not function correctly anymore, and the system will hang.
WCPUID - Grab It Here!
WCPUID runs on Intel Pentium or compatible CPU that kept CPUID/RDTSC instruction. and runs on Windows 95/98 and Windows NT 4.0/5.0 in both Japanese and English languages. In addition, it can also tell you if the CPU supports MMX / 3D-Now! / SSE(KNI) technology. WCPUID can measure any clock speed up to 2 decimal points.
CPU Idle - Grab It Here!
CpuIdle lowers the CPU temperature by disabling it when not needed. This prolongs the CPU life (a decrease by 10°C doubles the life span) and cuts power consumption. Unlike normal power management CpuIdle is active all the time and works even when you're actively using your computer! RawPower is a CPU optimization program for Win95/98. Most modern microprocessors contain features that can increase the system performance, sometimes dramatically. Most of the features are especially interesting when memory-intensive applications are being run like in 3D gaming. CpuIdle uses all the advanced mechanisms to keep your CPU cool!
Motherboard Monitor - Grab It Here!
This program will try to access one or more of the following chips: LM75, LM78, LM78-j, LM79, LM80, WinBond W83781D, WinBond W83782D, WinBond W83783S, WinBond W83627HF, Winbond W83697HF, Asus AS99127F, GL518SM, GL520SM, ADM9240, ADM1021, ADM1020, MAX1016, MAX1016a, FMS2701, THMC10 and THMC50 on your motherboard and will try to provide you with information about your motherboard's temperature, voltages, fan speeds and cpu temperature.
All of the programs listed above are all of top quality and will help when overclocking your Intel processor.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Intel FSB Overclocking Guide - Page 1
- Intel FSB Overclocking Guide - Page 2
- Intel FSB Overclocking Guide - Page 3
- Intel FSB Overclocking Guide - Page 4
- Intel FSB Overclocking Guide - Page 5
- Intel FSB Overclocking Guide - Page 6
- Intel FSB Overclocking Guide - Page 7
- Intel FSB Overclocking Guide - Page 8
- Intel FSB Overclocking Guide - Page 9
- Intel FSB Overclocking Guide - Page 10
- Intel FSB Overclocking Guide - Page 11
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung Galaxy S8 will have a headphone jack after all?
- HTC to launch only 6-7 devices this year
- Electric Concept One beats Bugatti Veyron
- Samsung unveils the Galaxy C7 Pro
- Lucasfilm denies CG Princess Leia plan for 'Star Wars 9'
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99
- ESL One returns to Southeast Asia to kick-off world class Dota 2 action in 2017