Physical Network Setup Continued
- Server Specification Recommendations
If your server isn't being used for gaming and what not (preferable so it maintains it's desired continuous uptime 24 hours a day) there is no need for it to be using the latest Pentium 4 or Athlon XP processor with a lot of RAM and hard disk drive space and latest GeForce 4 graphics card. Hell, mine doesn't even have a monitor, keyboard or mouse connected to it, just the bare minimum for the system to run. The box itself just sits by it's lonely self doing what it does best, serving, 24 hours a day. Since the server will be using Windows XP, the server will require at least 128MB of RAM. Note, the server doesn't have to use Windows XP; we are just using it as an example in this guide, which will ultimately make things easier in the long run.
The beauty of the server is you could be using a Pentium 2 or an older Athlon at 500MHz, for example, and it would still operate perfectly in the environment it is intended for. What I'm trying to say is here, you don't need a super expensive or powerful PC to act as your server. It's important to mention we are after a stable system, so overclocking and tweaking it out to the max isn't recommended for obvious reasons either.
We are after the most stable environment possible, this may mean slowing down memory settings in the BIOS, as much as that goes against the principles of this site.
Now we've proceeded through everything for the physical hardware side of the network, it's time to get the network setup and operating in Windows. Let the fun begin... Click the link for the next page.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Just Cause 3's map is huge, covering 400 square miles
- Cards Against Humanity sold nothing over Black Friday, still made $54k
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis