Next, I attempted to make a PCI bracket out of some book shelf railing in order to keep the GIGABYTE graphics card in place. This was a good idea in theory, but it sucked big time in reality...
Poor choice on hole placement for the power and reset switch; they would have gotten in the way of our DVD-ROM and PSU. Oops.
Here we get messy and start slicing away at the case; pre-drilling holes in the fan mounts to make life a little easier.
Now, here is where I had an attack of the stupid. I used a pneumatic rotary tool to essentially cut a straight line......Bad Idea. The holes look like crap and they took forever to do. I should have used a rotary cutting disc the first time around.
After attempting to fit the GIGABYTE motherboard to the IKEA tray, I realised that with Zalman fans you have a huge bracket on the back to hold it in place. Time for another slightly bigger hole, methinks.
Here we have the GIGABYTE motherboard seated and bolted into the case; the IKEA motherboard tray is bolted through the case with four large bolts to stop it going anywhere.
Finally, we see a halfway completed design, but the power supply will initially prove problematic because of size constraints.
Further Reading: Read and find more Cases, Cooling & PSU content at our Cases, Cooling & PSU reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Companies transitioning to better detection, response of cyberattacks
- Not a Rubix Cube - much cooler. Waterproof linux-powered cube PC
- Win a trip to Computex 2015 from GIGABYTE by overclocking your PC
- Apple teases media event for March 9, could we meet the Apple Watch?
- Bumblebee is that you? Hardware Extreme's black and yellow project
- HIS Multi-View HDOCKP USB 3.0 Portable Docking Station Review
- Corsair HX1000i 1000W 80 PLUS Platinum Power Supply Review
- need new mother board
- how can i use new power supply for that mother boread asrock g41m-vs3 r2.0
- Question regarding adding new SSD to Z97 motherboard
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop
- Linux gadget with six displays - pixel art idea returns in a new shape
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse