Guide to Buying Blu-rays from Overseas - Wrap-up
For importing Blu-ray releases, I frequently use DVD Pacific. They offer a great range of discs at very good pricing and well priced postage, including FedEx and DHL, which can be tracked online. Also, unlike Amazon, they are very honest with what they have in stock. That is, if it says 'In Stock' - it's ready to go. I have been burned a few times by Amazon claiming this. Their website is fairly basic, and their database is very unforgiving for spelling mistakes or other title variations. But with a bit of perseverance, you can always get what you want.
I also sometimes use Amazon which are often well priced (especially for pre-orders), but you will get stung on postage, which is annoyingly not trackable either.
One more site, which is unfortunately closing down very soon is XPloited Cinema. They offer a great range of imported discs and have very good customer service. I believe at this stage they are running out their inventory of discs, so stocks are limited.
Whilst Blu-ray region coding is annoying, it's far better than DVD region coding ever was. There are only a handful of titles that I cannot currently import because of region coding, and most are scheduled for release either locally or in Europe anyway. I do look forward to a time when we won't have to worry about region coding, like we now do not with DVD, but for now we just have to check our sources before we import that title we've been awaiting for.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Guide to Buying Blu-rays from Overseas]
- Page 2 [Guide to Buying Blu-rays from Overseas - Cont.]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Verizon acquires Vessel, will shut it down on October 31
- Nintendo investors hate new Switch console hybrid
- Nintendo teases Jan 12 event for 'major' Switch details
- Dolby Atmos update coming for Xbox One S
- LinusTechTips makes $3,000 custom watercooled PS4
- Not able to adjust timings!
- Battlefield 1 PC Performance and Quality Report
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software