Guide to Buying Blu-rays from Overseas - Wrap-up
For importing Blu-ray releases, I frequently use DVD Pacific. They offer a great range of discs at very good pricing and well priced postage, including FedEx and DHL, which can be tracked online. Also, unlike Amazon, they are very honest with what they have in stock. That is, if it says 'In Stock' - it's ready to go. I have been burned a few times by Amazon claiming this. Their website is fairly basic, and their database is very unforgiving for spelling mistakes or other title variations. But with a bit of perseverance, you can always get what you want.
I also sometimes use Amazon which are often well priced (especially for pre-orders), but you will get stung on postage, which is annoyingly not trackable either.
One more site, which is unfortunately closing down very soon is XPloited Cinema. They offer a great range of imported discs and have very good customer service. I believe at this stage they are running out their inventory of discs, so stocks are limited.
Whilst Blu-ray region coding is annoying, it's far better than DVD region coding ever was. There are only a handful of titles that I cannot currently import because of region coding, and most are scheduled for release either locally or in Europe anyway. I do look forward to a time when we won't have to worry about region coding, like we now do not with DVD, but for now we just have to check our sources before we import that title we've been awaiting for.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Guide to Buying Blu-rays from Overseas]
- Page 2 [Guide to Buying Blu-rays from Overseas - Cont.]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- NVIDIA rumored to discontinue the 2GB version of the GeForce GTX 960
- Amazon's WWII alternate reality series is chilling
- Halo 5 has gone gold, campaign clocks in at between 8-12 hours
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent