Hey there, hot stuff
With your newly cleaned up sticks in hand, give them a quick inspection to make sure that you haven't accidentally chipped off the smaller surface mount devices.
Now for the most exciting part; grab your new RAM-sinks and rip open the packaging! - Here I'm using the Nexus HXR-5500 Black heat spreaders, because they look so deliciously evil, like something Darth Vader would use when building his gaming rig.
Furthermore, they have the copper heat-pipe system to help dissipate more of the heat.
Most third party RAM-sinks will come with a spacer stick-on foam pad too; this is if your memory is one sided, you don't need to put this on if your memory is double sided. That is just asking for trouble.
Ready to roll; just peel back the protective on the adhesive, then line up your RAM, making sure the heat spreader part does not cover the notches on the side of the RAM used to lock it to the motherboard.
Note: Look at the orientation of your RAM before sticking it down; some heat-pipe designs add extra length to your RAM, so make sure the side you stick it on has any protrusions pointing away from the graphics card.
If you are doing this for multiple modules, you will probably want to make sure a pair look matched, so make sure you stick the RAM the right way around in the new RAM-sinks. If you are doing a series of four modules, take extra note of the width and airflow available when all four modules are seated; it can get pretty hot and tight!
The final step of course is to stick the modules back in then turn on your system. If you get a failure on boot-up then you might have damaged one of the modules and you should test each one individually by booting with just one at a time in the system.
Enjoy a cooler computer and better over-clocks!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Latest News Posts
- Sony making Wild Arms, Arc the Lad smartphone games
- The Last Guardian critics opinion wrap up and analysis
- Nolan confirms HBO's 'Westworld' won't return until 2018
- Oculus Touch officially available as of today
- Samsung Galaxy S8 will not include headphone jack
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand