Once your PS3 has re-booted into the other OS, you will see an MS-DOS style console waiting for you at Kboot:. Either wait, or press enter to continue installation of Linux.
After some text rolls across the screen for a bit, you will eventually be dumped into the graphical installer; this bizarrely named Anaconda.
NB: Please note that if you do not have a TV/Monitor hooked up in hi-definition, you will have problems from this point on! YDL demands a minimum of 720p resolution, and rightly so because Linux on standard definition is just plain pants!
The first thing to do in the installation is select your language. I'll be doing this install in English because as a Brit I speak two languages; English, and LOUD ENGLISH...
When you reach the HDD settings, just leave it as default which should be "format all partitions". After that, confirm everything and click continue. This will take some time so I suggest you go make a cup of tea.
Boil freshly drawn water from tap or bottled source, then place tea into pot (I prefer loose tea, but bags are acceptable).
Pour boiled water into teapot and add milk to cup. Once tea has steeped enough to reach a rich dark orange colour, pour into cup with milk.
You can add sugar to taste, but I like to tell myself "I'm sweet enough already".
By the time you have finished your cup of tea you will notice that that installation is probably only half way done, so pour another cup and maybe get some biscuits this time as well.
Finally! The installation has finished and you can remove the ejected DVD and click re-start. The system will go through the motions of restarting and you will be dropped back into the console with "Kboot:"
Press Enter or wait, your choice.
You will be presented with a setup screen on first boot that allows you to configure a few options. Read the EULA and accept, then set the date and time. The next step is to setup a user, then do a sound test and finish.
You are now at the log-in screen! Palms sweaty with anticipation; enter your user name and password that you just specified before.
Latest News Posts
- Dropping phablet prices putting pressure on smaller-sized smartphones
- Secret Service plans to test drone flights in Washington, D.C
- Tim Cook: Apple Watch could replace car keys for newer vehicles
- RIP 'Star Trek' legend Leonard Nimoy
- Cyberattacks top threat to United States, intelligence agencies say
- Intel ME (Management Engine Components). Is it important?
- ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer AM3+ Ultra Fast Boot Not Working?
- Setting up RAID 1 on FM2A88M Pro3+
- GIGABYTE X99-Gaming 5 (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK PCI-E Slot Confusion
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop
- Linux gadget with six displays - pixel art idea returns in a new shape
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse