The End Result
Some interesting points that we noticed before and after the upgrade (at least on the HTC TyTN), was that with Windows Mobile 5 we had a total of close to 55MB of storage space with some 49MB available. We expected this to drop as Windows Mobile 6 takes up more space, and we weren't wrong. After the upgrade we had just over 47MB of storage space with just under 37MB of free space.
However, what we didn't expect was the increase in program memory or RAM. With WM5 the total memory available was close to 49MB, and just over 25MB available when only the screen capture application was running. WM6 had about the same total amount of memory available, but had over 28MB free to use. This was a surprise indeed, although it shouldn't have any real impact on performance, apart from the fact that it would allow you to run another application or two before the device would come to a crawl.
This is of course dependant on what applications you're loading up, and having Windows Live on the home screen eats up a fair amount of memory as well, but this is easy enough to disable. Our TyTN device felt just as responsive as it did with WM5 and we're quite happy with the upgrade so far. Just remember to sync up your phone with your computer once you've installed the new version so you get your precious data back onto it.
I hope this has made your upgrade process more painless and streamlined, as you can see it's really not too hard to accomplish at all. Good luck and enjoy your free upgrade folks!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Latest News Posts
- Watch 26 minutes of leaked No Man's Sky footage
- Last day for Windows 10 free upgrade is today
- Radeon 16.7.3 drivers improve Rise of the Tomb Raider performance
- Pay what you want for 180+ hours of game dev training
- New Prey game isn't a sequel or a reboot, it's a re-imagining
- Z170 Deluxe Help Setup with RAID10 + SSD for OS
- C2750D4i no POST turns off after couple of seconds
- Linksys EA9500 MAX-STREAM AC5400 Wireless Router Review
- GA-X58A-UD7 Error Code 88 (or 8b something)
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio