The End Result
Some interesting points that we noticed before and after the upgrade (at least on the HTC TyTN), was that with Windows Mobile 5 we had a total of close to 55MB of storage space with some 49MB available. We expected this to drop as Windows Mobile 6 takes up more space, and we weren't wrong. After the upgrade we had just over 47MB of storage space with just under 37MB of free space.
However, what we didn't expect was the increase in program memory or RAM. With WM5 the total memory available was close to 49MB, and just over 25MB available when only the screen capture application was running. WM6 had about the same total amount of memory available, but had over 28MB free to use. This was a surprise indeed, although it shouldn't have any real impact on performance, apart from the fact that it would allow you to run another application or two before the device would come to a crawl.
This is of course dependant on what applications you're loading up, and having Windows Live on the home screen eats up a fair amount of memory as well, but this is easy enough to disable. Our TyTN device felt just as responsive as it did with WM5 and we're quite happy with the upgrade so far. Just remember to sync up your phone with your computer once you've installed the new version so you get your precious data back onto it.
I hope this has made your upgrade process more painless and streamlined, as you can see it's really not too hard to accomplish at all. Good luck and enjoy your free upgrade folks!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Latest News Posts
- MSI makes its GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X official
- StarCraft remastered announced by Blizzard
- The first sign of Kaby Lake X: the Intel Core i7-7740K
- AMD Ryzen with 12C/24T appears, excites us all so much
- AMD teases Radeon RX Vega is 'just around the corner'
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Just finished my PC-011 Build
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse