The End Result
Some interesting points that we noticed before and after the upgrade (at least on the HTC TyTN), was that with Windows Mobile 5 we had a total of close to 55MB of storage space with some 49MB available. We expected this to drop as Windows Mobile 6 takes up more space, and we weren't wrong. After the upgrade we had just over 47MB of storage space with just under 37MB of free space.
However, what we didn't expect was the increase in program memory or RAM. With WM5 the total memory available was close to 49MB, and just over 25MB available when only the screen capture application was running. WM6 had about the same total amount of memory available, but had over 28MB free to use. This was a surprise indeed, although it shouldn't have any real impact on performance, apart from the fact that it would allow you to run another application or two before the device would come to a crawl.
This is of course dependant on what applications you're loading up, and having Windows Live on the home screen eats up a fair amount of memory as well, but this is easy enough to disable. Our TyTN device felt just as responsive as it did with WM5 and we're quite happy with the upgrade so far. Just remember to sync up your phone with your computer once you've installed the new version so you get your precious data back onto it.
I hope this has made your upgrade process more painless and streamlined, as you can see it's really not too hard to accomplish at all. Good luck and enjoy your free upgrade folks!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Latest News Posts
- Naughty Dog announces March 18, 2016 release for Uncharted 4 on PS4
- Google is trying to make 4K video less demanding on your connection
- FBI says companies lost $1.2B due to email scams since October 2013
- Qualcomm's next chip will use machine learning to detect malware
- Intel teases 100TB or larger SSDs for 2020
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20