Tweaking TVersity - General
Now that everything is working, it's time to run through some of the additional settings which can be changed and tweaked in TVersity.
To access the settings area, click on the "Settings" tab under the + icon where you add new content to your library.
- General Settings
- First of all you have the "Media Playback Device" selection - you can leave this set as automatic but we set it to Xbox 360 for accuracy.
- Next up you have the "Media Sharing Service" - the options are pretty basic and here is where you can stop the server if need be.
- Next up is the "Temporary Media Files" - again very self-explanatory, just set how much space you want to allow for temp files. Default of 8192MB will be plenty. This space is used for time shift if you want to pause a live stream.
- Next up is the Home Network section. If you enter an IP, only that IP will be allowed to access the media server on your network. For security reasons, you should untick the box which allows incoming connections. Only enable this if you want to stream from outside of your Local Area Network, like when you're away from home.
- The final option under the General settings which interests us has to do with time shifting. As we discussed earlier, TVersity is able to stream live content from the Internet. If you need to leave the room for whatever reason, here you can change the time shift period (so that you can pause, resume and not miss anything). This software just gets better and better.
- Media Library Settings
Under the Media Library area, settings are fairly limited. The most important option is choosing the amount of time in between each refresh (update) of the media library. So your media library is kept up-to-date as much as possible, set the library to refresh every hour.
Further below you can also have TVersity modify the displayed file names of your content so that it is more readable on your Xbox 360.