12:17 Ben here reporting live from the eGames Expo in Melbourne, Victoria. We've just been ushered into the media room. The wi-fi connection is not
up, so I've resorted to using the costly mobile connection. Many booths are still being setup, but the Nintendo booth looks very nice...and very white.
12:47 The media briefing starts... yes we will behave ourselves (until the alcohol is released). The eGames organizers welcome us to the show.
12:55 Intel take the stage to launch details on the i7 architecture, followed by a demonstration of Far Cry 2. It looked good despite the frame
skipping (which I don't believe was intentional), but far from spectacular.
1:00 The expo is officially opened. The floor quickly fills up with the folks.
2:20 Well I've had a walk around and I've seen/ played most things there are too be had. Highlights so far: Sony's LittleBigPlanet booth, Resident
Evil 5 over at the PlayStation booth, EA's Left 4 Dead booth and the Gears of War bunker (it's quite warm and cosy in there though)
3:00 Well I've scoured the expo and seen pretty much all there is to be seen. The vast majority of games are ones we have seen before, but there are a
few new ones, including Loco Roco, Resistance: Retribution, Need For Speed: Undercover and Left 4 Dead. I will talk a bit about those tomorrow.
3:30 Had a quick chat to Peter Blasina as he was trying to fool a Tivo into working. Priceless.
4:30 Time to leave. I've had a chance to discuss a few things, but I will leave the nitty gritty until tomorrow. Take this a 'taster' of the first day
of the eGames Expo.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Switch Pro controller can be used to play PC games
- Xbox One gets $10 EA Access-like subscription service
- The Xenomorph is unleashed in new 'Alien' trailer
- NVIDIA announces its new GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
- Bethesda optimizing games for AMD's Ryzen and Vega tech
- IPMI on E3C226D2I
- Site & Forum impressions
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Massive, Lightstorm and Fox Interactive team up for a game based on Avatar universe
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art