But there is a price to pay. Anti-tank guns are much easier to spot once they begin shooting, as this screenshot proves. The white plume of smoke from the gun's muzzle attracts immediate return fire by the surviving enemy tanks, with the expected result:
A direct hit with a high-explosive round takes out the left gun (in the background).
The same scene as seen from the trench. The grey icon, however, indicates that the gun has not been completely destroyed, and may be fully or partially operable even though its crew has been killed.
Without hesitation, we order three soldiers from the trench to run back and man the gun.
The soldiers do not have any gunner skill, and as such their attempts to hit the enemy tanks will be rather futile. In fact, if this was an enemy gun they manned they would not be able to operate it all without a certain minimum skill level.
But the available APHEBC (Armor-Piercing High-Explosive Ballistic Cap) dual-use ammunition allows engaging both tanks as well as infantry in the open, so hopefully the benefit of having a large gun in exchange for three rifles will be worth it. These kinds of decisions will have to be taken by the defending player on numerous occasions.
Luckily, we still have a second gun with a full crew, fully operational, wreaking havoc on the assaulting Germans, and soon enough taking out the first light tank. The 45mm caliber gun is able to penetrate the German light tank frontally with ease at this distance.
As one of the enemy tanks ventures too close, the crew quickly shifts their aim.
The amount of time it takes to rotate and redeploy a gun depends on the gun obviously, but also on the amount of crewmembers and their Gunner skills.
Only seconds later, only a smoldering wreck is left from the bold tank, and its crew is bailing out and fleeing.
The infantry takes care of them, however, and soon there is nothing left but a piece of charred steel.
Only shortly later, the third tank is hit and disabled by the tank gun.
With all three tanks knocked out, the enemy attack spirit weakens noticeably.
And only short time later, the remaining infantry begins fleeing from the battlefield, leaving behind numerous casualties. We let them escape...
... but not without sending a few greetings from one of the guns.
This completes the first part of the training mission. By tactically holding back the anti-tank gun fire and by adjusting to the unfolding events (i.e. re-manning the disabled gun), we have been able to repel the enemy attack with light casualties.
But it ain't over till it's over, and the second part of the mission will prove to be much more difficult. Unlike the light tanks we've seen so far, this time the Germans attack on the left flank with three modern Panzer III Ausf. J tanks, with strong enough frontal armor to shrug off hits from our anti-tank guns at anything but close distance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Theatre of War Walkthrough 3 Page 1
- Theatre of War Walkthrough 3 Page 2
- Theatre of War Walkthrough 3 Page 3
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Avast acquires CCleaner and Speeccy developer Piriform
- Ubisoft hints AC Origins' RPG elements will be monetized
- Google Pixel XL 2 looks amazing in the new concept video
- GIVEAWAY: ASUS Cerberus V2 Gaming Headset
- Samsung reveals the Galaxy Note8 launch date
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4