Talking about the ability of the snipers, all soldiers are individually rated for various types of skills in Theatre of War, and gain experience and improve their skills individually as well. This opens a very strong roleplaying element in the game which will be appreciated more and more as you move through the six main campaigns and will require more experienced soldiers.
From the two snipers, one is a top-shot with an extremely high marksman skill, great scouting ability and high intelligence, all skills needed to spot and shoot at targets and learn from it. The other sniper is a newbie in all areas, and I decide to use that sniper as bait, while master sniper Serzhant Timur Larlonov sneaks in for the kill unseen.
I order the newbie to crawl up the dirt road towards one of the burned out tanks littering the landscape, while Timur crawls to the left to get a good side shot from the tall grass field there.
Timur uses the bush as cover...
...while his partner contnues forward, trying to get the attention of the gun crew focussed on him.
Then Timur moves forward in quick dashes and crawls in position. Can you spot him in the following image?
Awww... the icon gave him away, didn't it Luckily for him, the virtual soldiers on the battlefield do not see little icons hovering about their heads...
The trick works and the German gun crew takes the bait, rotating the gun towards the other sniper.
That's the perfect shot for Timur, and he doesn't take long. Bam...bam... and two German crewmembers lie dead on the ground. The third guy immediately panicks, crawls away from the gun and breaks for cover.
The only remaining task is now to capture the anti-tank gun.
A Russian gun crew appears on the scene and storms forward. A quick pause to take out the fleeing German...
...and then forward to capture the gun.
This is achieved in exactly the same way as with the MG earlier, except that the anti-tank gun takes a three-man crew - with one gunner, one loader, and one spotter (usually the gun commander).
In TOW, soldiers automatically try to assume the role for which they have the best skills, but the player is able to change around the crew to his liking, as well.
This completes task two.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Theatre of War Walkthrough 1 Page 1
- Theatre of War Walkthrough 1 Page 2
- Theatre of War Walkthrough 1 Page 3
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- China is the first with a 3D printed house, was built-in 45 days
- Battlefield 1 has Async Compute and DX12, expect 'DX12 fireworks'
- Volkswagen fraud settlement biggest in US history, hits $15 billion
- Dell's new 70-inch touchscreen for schools unveiled, costs $5000
- Battlefield 1 will have DX12 support, current alpha runs very smooth
- Deleted driver software
- MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G - Silent Gaming Major OC Headroom
- New Gaming Build - Looking fro feedback
- Fractal Design CORE 500 Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Chassis Review
- H110M-ITX loses USB and PS1 when WIN 7 loads
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines