The next evolution in gaming is upon us.From the mind of Will Wright, the creator of The Sims, comes SPORE,an epic journey that takes you from the origin and evolution of lifethrough the development of civilization and technology and eventuallyall the way into the deepest reaches of outer space.
Begin yourodyssey at the dawn of life as a simple microbe just trying to survive,then use the fun, intuitive Editors to evolve the creature from itsmicroscopic origins into an intelligent, tool-using race. Guide yourspecies as it builds (and the player designs) villages, buildings,cities, and vehicles. Along the way to becoming a global civilizationyou can choose whether to hunt or forage, attack or trade, be nice orplay rough!
All the action takes place in a huge, lush worldpopulated with creatures evolved by other players and shared overSPORE's central servers. When it's ready, your one-time pond scumlaunches into space in its UFO on a grand voyage of discovery, planetforming, or destruct-ion! As you explore and play in this limitlessuniverse of unique worlds, your personal Sporepedia tracks all thecreatures you've met and places you've visited.
Take complete control of your creature's fate as you guide it through the following six evolutionary phases:
-Tidepool phase: Fight with other creatures and consume them to adjustthe form and abilities of your creature. It's survival of the fittestat the most microscopic level.
- Creature phase: Venture onto dryland and help your creature learn and evolve with forays away from yoursafe haven. Carnivore or Herbivore? Social or Independent? The choiceis yours.
- Tribal phase: Instead of controlling an individualcreature, you are now caring for an entire tribe of your geneticcraftwork. Give them tools and guide their interactions as you slowlyupgrade their state of existence.
- City phase: Bring yourcreatures' race into a new golden era by building up the technology,architecture, and infrastructure of their city.
- Civilizationphase: Once your city is established, your creatures begin seeking outand interacting with other cultures. You can have them do so with anolive branch or a war cry-either way, the goal for your creatures is tounify the planet.
- Space phase: The time has come to move on toother worlds in your solar system. Make first-contact, colonize, orterraform, then venture further to find other solar systems scatteredthroughout a magnificently rendered galaxy. A 'mission' structureprovides new goals and paths to follow as you begin to spread throughthe universe.
A suite of flexible, intuitive creation toolsleverages the creative imagination of the player. Creating an entireuniverse of creatures, plants, buildings, vehicles and planets hasnever been so easy or so fun. An infinite variety of design choices isjust the beginning.
The world you explore is populated withcreatures, plants, buildings and vehicles developed by other gamers anddownloaded from a central database. The server chooses creatures andcivilizations that best match your chosen environment, your experiencelevel, and your creature's ability. In turn, your creatures areuploaded to the server to be shared with other gamers.
Withprocedural animation, your creatures and vehicles move based on how youconstruct them. They behave and interact based on your input and bytheir in-game encounters. That means there's no pre-determined path youmust follow-the game evolves based on your decisions.
Wonderwhat another gamer was thinking when they created and evolved acreature? Uncover information about each creature's origin in theSporepedia, yet another way to explore the truly endless universe ofcreative expression that is SPORE.
Publisher: Electronic Arts Inc.
Ship Date: TBD
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Infinity Ward is working on the next Call of Duty, due late this year
- Kanye West begins showing off his new video game
- Today is the last day for free Google Drive storage offer
- Unity answers Unreal's VR Editor with its own VR-in-VR dev toolset
- Netflix completes migration to Amazon Web Services at last
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives