The next evolution in gaming is upon us.From the mind of Will Wright, the creator of The Sims, comes SPORE,an epic journey that takes you from the origin and evolution of lifethrough the development of civilization and technology and eventuallyall the way into the deepest reaches of outer space.
Begin yourodyssey at the dawn of life as a simple microbe just trying to survive,then use the fun, intuitive Editors to evolve the creature from itsmicroscopic origins into an intelligent, tool-using race. Guide yourspecies as it builds (and the player designs) villages, buildings,cities, and vehicles. Along the way to becoming a global civilizationyou can choose whether to hunt or forage, attack or trade, be nice orplay rough!
All the action takes place in a huge, lush worldpopulated with creatures evolved by other players and shared overSPORE's central servers. When it's ready, your one-time pond scumlaunches into space in its UFO on a grand voyage of discovery, planetforming, or destruct-ion! As you explore and play in this limitlessuniverse of unique worlds, your personal Sporepedia tracks all thecreatures you've met and places you've visited.
Take complete control of your creature's fate as you guide it through the following six evolutionary phases:
-Tidepool phase: Fight with other creatures and consume them to adjustthe form and abilities of your creature. It's survival of the fittestat the most microscopic level.
- Creature phase: Venture onto dryland and help your creature learn and evolve with forays away from yoursafe haven. Carnivore or Herbivore? Social or Independent? The choiceis yours.
- Tribal phase: Instead of controlling an individualcreature, you are now caring for an entire tribe of your geneticcraftwork. Give them tools and guide their interactions as you slowlyupgrade their state of existence.
- City phase: Bring yourcreatures' race into a new golden era by building up the technology,architecture, and infrastructure of their city.
- Civilizationphase: Once your city is established, your creatures begin seeking outand interacting with other cultures. You can have them do so with anolive branch or a war cry-either way, the goal for your creatures is tounify the planet.
- Space phase: The time has come to move on toother worlds in your solar system. Make first-contact, colonize, orterraform, then venture further to find other solar systems scatteredthroughout a magnificently rendered galaxy. A 'mission' structureprovides new goals and paths to follow as you begin to spread throughthe universe.
A suite of flexible, intuitive creation toolsleverages the creative imagination of the player. Creating an entireuniverse of creatures, plants, buildings, vehicles and planets hasnever been so easy or so fun. An infinite variety of design choices isjust the beginning.
The world you explore is populated withcreatures, plants, buildings and vehicles developed by other gamers anddownloaded from a central database. The server chooses creatures andcivilizations that best match your chosen environment, your experiencelevel, and your creature's ability. In turn, your creatures areuploaded to the server to be shared with other gamers.
Withprocedural animation, your creatures and vehicles move based on how youconstruct them. They behave and interact based on your input and bytheir in-game encounters. That means there's no pre-determined path youmust follow-the game evolves based on your decisions.
Wonderwhat another gamer was thinking when they created and evolved acreature? Uncover information about each creature's origin in theSporepedia, yet another way to explore the truly endless universe ofcreative expression that is SPORE.
Publisher: Electronic Arts Inc.
Ship Date: TBD
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- HP posts earnings growth for fourth straight quarter
- Final Fantasy XV on PC to get mod support
- Elon Musk reveals SpaceX's official spacesuit
- Anno 1800 is Blue Byte's new game
- The most anticipated phone of the year is here - Note8
- Lenovo Legion Y720 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Killer Networking - Killer control center new version (Z97X Gaming 5)
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience