Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Developer: Real Time Worlds
Format: DVD for the Xbox 360 video game system
ESRB Rating: Pending
Product Overview:"Crackdown" pushes the action-driving hybrid genre into the nextgeneration with the first ever truly 3-D playground. Gamers willenforce justice by any means necessary in Pacific City, a crime-riddenurban center built to encourage the exploration of the full width,depth and height of the city. Coupled with highly innovative co-opgameplay - a genre first - and an interactive world where nearlyanything can be used as a weapon, gamers will be able to create avolatile cocktail of judicial oppression as they clean up the streets.
"Crackdown"is developed by Scotland's Real Time Worlds exclusively for MicrosoftGame Studios and the Xbox 360 platform. Real Time Worlds is led by DaveJones, the creative mastermind behind some of the most innovative andbest-selling video games, including the global blockbuster "Grand TheftAuto" and the legendary hit "Lemmings."
Brilliantexperience from a legendary game designer. From Dave Jones, thecreative mastermind behind "Grand Theft Auto" and "Lemmings," comes"Crackdown," an explosive masterpiece set to define open-world,free-form next-generation gaming.True next-generation visuals.Harnessing the power of Xbox 360, "Crackdown" players enforce justiceagainst the backdrop of a crime-ridden metropolis that is massive inscale, monstrous in scope and meticulous in detail. The uniquepresentation style employs a highly stylized rendering technique thatturns the game into a living graphical novel.Cooperativegameplay for double the mayhem. From the game's initial concept tofinal design, Real Time Worlds focused on delivering dynamic, engagingcooperative gameplay for double the carnage, action and intensity.3-Dfree-form gameplay. For the first time ever, an urban playground hasbeen created to encourage players to explore and exploit the fullwidth, depth and height of a city. Players wage war on the crimesyndicates by taking part in high-octane chases on foot and on wheelswhile using any appropriate route along, around, across, over, under orthrough the environment. Freedom abounds because it is up to the playerto determine how best to complete the nonlinear objectives in a myriadof wild and creative ways.Over-the-top action. All strategiesand tactics are acceptable, provided players reclaim the streets byunleashing the awesome abilities inside each agent. As players developand hone their gameplay skills, their agent's genetic tendencies willincrease, allowing players to realize their agent's full potential.Players will be able to run at dazzling speeds, take death-defyingleaps, handle the most incredible weapons, perform impossible vehicularmaneuvers, move massive objects and deliver bone-crushing blows.Musicas environment. More than 100 licensed tracks, spanning a wide range ofstyles and genres, give audio identities to characters and locations in"Crackdown." The music coupled with a next-generation use of 5.1surround sound will let gamers know just from the music and soundeffects they hear which crime syndicate is headed their way.Theenvironment as a weapon. Is a character low on ammo? No problem. Thanksto an amazing amount of props and a deep physics system, players canuse whatever they can get their hands on as weapons - trash cans,vehicles, even people - to clean the streets of crime. In "Crackdown,"the effects of the players' actions stay in place much longer than inother open-environment titles, giving gamers a far greater range ofoptions when setting the scene for mass destruction. If players gathervehicles to create a barricade, they will be there when the they returnwith more. Gamers can create an arrangement of explosives and come backlater to set the explosion. "Crackdown" remembers, and reacts, to theplayers' actions within the game world.
Developer Information:Real Time Worlds' key staff has a tremendous history of creating someof the world's most innovative and best-selling video games, includingthe global hit franchises "Lemmings" and "Grand Theft Auto." Thedevelopment team was hand-picked by David Jones, founder of DMA DesignInc. and the designer and creator of more than15 hit titles including"Lemmings" and "Grand Theft Auto."
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft announces that Forza Motorsport 6 has gone gold
- It looks like there were only 12,000 'real' women on Ashley Madison
- Tomb Raider goes mobile with turn-based puzzle game 'Lara Croft Go'
- Dell unveils a new 27-inch QHD G-Sync monitor, priced at $799
- 'The Iron Giant' theatrical re-release gets first trailer
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20