Title: "Alan Wake"
Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Developer: Remedy Entertainment Ltd.
Format: Format TBD for Microsoft Windows Vista and DVD for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system
ESRB Rating: Pending
Product Overview:"Alan Wake" is a psychological action thriller from Remedy, thelegendary and renowned developers of highly successful action titles.In this exciting new title exclusively for Windows and Xbox 360, gamersassume the role of Alan Wake, a best-selling suspense author whoescapes to a small town to recover from the mysterious disappearance ofhis fiancee.
Set in the deceptively idyllic town of BrightFalls, Wash., "Alan Wake" immerses players in an intense and expansivecinematic world that enables players to roam freely in hyper-realistic,dynamic and interactive environments. "Alan Wake" is mission-based witha deeply engaging and suspenseful story line unveiling new twists andprofound character revelations at every turn. Players will unravel theriveting plot through multilayered character interactions, uniqueproblem-solving and intense combat against terrifying enemies. In thisnightmarish world, Alan Wake must use a variety of weapons to survive,including his most powerful ally against the creatures of darkness -light itself.
Intense psychological thriller."Alan Wake" delivers a deeply psychological and finely crafted plotthat raises the bar for storytelling in video games. The riveting storyof "Alan Wake" is propelled by a movie-like atmosphere, compellingsituations, memorable characters and real-time pacing. Remedy has arecord of creating and developing games with unique cinematicpresentation and exceptionally high production values. The developerhas harnessed next-generation gaming technology to tell a powerfulstory that immerses the gamer in the intense emotion and suspense ofAlan Wake's thrilling adventure.Massive, open world to explore.The free-roaming elements and massive open world allow gamers toinvestigate the mysteries of Bright Falls and encourage them to exploreand pay close attention to detail.Light as a combat element.As the story progresses, nights grow longer and days grow shorter. Thisposes a severe problem for Alan Wake since his enemies seemingly gainstrength from the shadows, and before long light itself becomes hisgreatest ally. Players must skillfully combine their use of light withmore conventional weapons to stand a chance against these creatures ofdarkness.Realistic, interactive environment.Set in the town of Bright Falls, the hyperdetailed environments of thePacific Northwest play an important role; even the change in daylightand weather will profoundly affect the characters and enemies in "AlanWake." The game's advanced rendering engine provides amazinglyrealistic environments that bring this world to detailed life - fromthe lush forest of evergreen trees to the quaint small-town buildingsand streets. The world of "Alan Wake" is alive and real.Episodic narrative. Themission-based structure of "Alan Wake" creates an episodic narrativesimilar to a deeply structured dramatic television series. As theepisodes progress, gameplay will evolve to introduce new elements andcharacters, escalating the level of threat and action in the game.
Developer Information:Remedy Entertainment is a privately held developer of cinematic actiongames and franchises. Remedy is based in Espoo, Finland. Remedy hasdeveloped critically acclaimed and top-selling action games. Additionalinformation can be obtained through Remedy's Web site at http://www.remedygames.com.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 1 rumored to get support for HDR soon
- Star Wars Battlefront II's new trailer looks INCREDIBLE
- NVIDIA announces SLI/HDR support for Shadow of War on PC
- ASUS B250 Mining Expert board: support for 19 x GPUs
- Destiny 2 will have 21:9, SLI, HDR support on the PC
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience